Sprint In Indianapolis burbs?

Last Updated:

1. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 2 Sprint Evo's. HW002 and HW003. They have been reset, etc, and are up to date. Latest firmware, PRL, Profiles, etc. Not rooted. My problem is for anything other than email, the 3G service sucks in the North and NE suburbs. I can not steam a video on youtube without having it start and stop 10-15 times. I can not use Slacker, Pandora, mp3Tunes, etc because it will not keep a fast download stream. It's very frustrating. Can't even get a live weather map 75% of the time. Sprint says nothing is wrong in this area, and it is BOTH phones and I need to take them in to the service center. I call BULLSHIT. On a good day, I am averaging like 300kbps download. Most days, its 80kbps down and 200kbps up.

Anyone else live in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville area and notice this.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. carlcarl

carlcarl Member

I live right by the border of Camel and Indianapolis (Nora) and I have no problems what so ever.

3. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just drove to Nora plaza and confirmed this. It must just be the northern sections near 146 street.

4. stang3O2

stang3O2 Member

I live in plainfield and the service in my house is horrible, they had to give me an airwave just so i could use sprint...

5. duranc

duranc Member

I get crappy downloads in Carmel.

Anyone know when 4G is coming?

6. Juice0000

Juice0000 New Member

I live in the Broad Ripple, and my Epic 4G (that I've had since October) has weird fits and spurts every 6 weeks or so. Once every 6 weeks, the data and phone service cuts in and out in quick succession - on for 30 seconds, off for 10 minutes, back on for 1 minute, etc.

Anyone else had these issues? Usually, I either ride it out, or try to restart the phone. I can turn it on airplane mode and get service immediately thereafter, but then it usually reverts to form and cuts in and out. This issue rarely lasts more than 1 day.

Any information on what I can do to fix this problem would be helpful. It's rare - like I said, once every 6 weeks - but still an annoyance.

Thanks!

7. toddbright

toddbright New Member

I live in Nora and don't have any problems unless I go to Broad Ripple and for some reason when ever I'm in the broad ripple area I have no service what so ever and I have to keep putting the phone in to airplane mode and taking it out to pick service back up which is extremely annoying. I also have issues with coverage at my girlfriend's house on the west side. I've gone to the sprint store and they can't tell me what the problem is so I guess I'm just SOL at this point. I have a company phone so I can't change service providers but at this point I think if I could change I would.

8. BrianJB

BrianJB Well-Known Member

I go to Indy probably twice a month for work. I never have any issues when I go through, but everything I've read from others shows that not only in Indiana but all over the place people are having poor reception issues.