• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint internal memo 2.1 early May!!!

:eek:MATHEMATICALLY IF WE DIVIDE 365DAYZ BY 4, 4=quarters
and each of the quarters by 3. 3=Early-Mid-Late, sprint has till may 1st,at 12:00 pm :D
LOLZ< YOU WRONG
Read again.

If they're saying any time after Apr 30, It ain't going to happen before 6am on May 3rd.

And they're saying TWO WEEKS AFTER THEIR SELF-IMPOSED DEADLINE OF "EARLY 2Q"!!! And even then, it's 14ish -16ish.

Upvote 0
Read again.

If they're saying any time after Apr 30, It ain't going to happen before 6am on May 3rd.

And they're saying TWO WEEKS AFTER THEIR SELF-IMPOSED DEADLINE OF "EARLY 2Q"!!! And even then, it's 14ish -16ish.

Rather than dividing the quarter into 3 pieces, divide it into 2. We simply don't know what/when Sprint has in mind or how they are factoring their timeframe. All any of us are doing is speculating.

Upvote 0
How about an internal poll.

Anyone want to guess the ages of those who insist that there is a hard line definition of early, mid and late quarter corresponding to a month each versus those that simply divide the quarter in half? My guess is the average age for those so impatient they have to make terms more precise than they are used in the business world would be younger than those who hold a realistic view...

I tried looking online for a definition, and as I figured, one doesn't exist. There is no precise definition in general use.

For those who insist on the month boundaries, since I have 34+ years in the work force, I base my definition on my experience. Would you please cite your sources?

I am open to learning, and debating, but we first need to come to agreement on terms.For those who insist on the month boundaries, since I have 34+ years in the work force, I base my definition on my experience. Would you please cite your sources?

I am willing to change my position if proven wrong.

Thanks!

PS - going out and throwing a wiki up or referencing your own site is not evidence. I need a reputable business oriented site, preferably a few of them.

Upvote 0
No one breaks quarters down like that, no one. It goes April-early Q2, May-mid Q2 and June-late Q2. May 1st starts mid Q2 period. Once again as Sprint did with older phones and the Instinct, they have not kept their word on updates. You keep on believing that 2.1 update will come soon though. Those of us who know Sprint's shady history with OS update promises know better though.

What happens when early May comes and it's still not out? sprint going to say they are skipping 2.1 and going to 2.5 and we should have it sometime in 2010? sprints excuses and lack of legitimate explanation why they never upgraded to 1.6 or 2.0 is what's really getting old...May is considerd mid Q2. sprint fails yet again.

It's hilarious that as much as you bitch, complain, pout and cry about how terrible Sprint is and then you turn around and STILL give them your $70 per month. LOL at you!!!!!

Upvote 0
No one breaks quarters down like that, no one. It goes April-early Q2, May-mid Q2 and June-late Q2. May 1st starts mid Q2 period. Once again as Sprint did with older phones and the Instinct, they have not kept their word on updates. You keep on believing that 2.1 update will come soon though. Those of us who know Sprint's shady history with OS update promises know better though.

If you KNOW this about Sprint, then why do you stay with them when you obviously do not like them? To me that is just crazy. However, if you want to continue torturing yourself by getting upset everytime some manufactured "rumor of a release date" passes by, then go right ahead. But please, for the love decency, can you stop torturing those of us who enjoy our Hero with your incessant whining?

Upvote 0
It's hilarious that as much as you bitch, complain, pout and cry about how terrible Sprint is and then you turn around and STILL give them your $70 per month. LOL at you!!!!!

In all fairness, I bitch and complain about paying taxes but I still do it. Funny thing is the little guy (us) is expected to pay, do it within a specific time frame, or suffer the consequences, but when it comes to the big fellas (Sprint, IRS, etc) they can say something "should or could happen" (update, refund check, rebate check) anytime within a half a year. I've always laughed at how the little guy is always held to a stricter set of standards by very the multi billion $ organizations who dance around them. Try telling a sprint representative or an IRS agent they can expect a check in the mail 1h 2010 and see what happens lol. I'm betting the person on the other end of the phone would demand to know when you intend to fulfill your "obligation" to them.

Upvote 0
In all fairness, I bitch and complain about paying taxes but I still do it. Funny thing is the little guy (us) is expected to pay, do it within a specific time frame, or suffer the consequences, but when it comes to the big fellas (Sprint, IRS, etc) they can say something "should or could happen" (update, refund check, rebate check) anytime within a half a year. I've always laughed at how the little guy is always held to a stricter set of standards by very the multi billion $ organizations who dance around them. Try telling a sprint representative or an IRS agent they can expect a check in the mail 1h 2010 and see what happens lol. I'm betting the person on the other end of the phone would demand to know when you intend to fulfill your "obligation" to them.

To be fair, you pay your taxes because you have to. If you/we don't pay, they come after us. On the other hand, no one HAS to pay for a cell phone. If I don't like a companies practices, I will move on. I may stay till the contract is over to avoid ETF, but I will leave once it ends. No way I will stay with them if I dislike them that much.

Upvote 0
I agree with everyone's frustration with mbell75's ranting...

How about we just stop responding to him? Read his posts if you want, or ignore them, your choice. But it's obvious to me that he enjoys this. He is just egging us on! The more we respond, the more satisfaction he gets from this game.

The thing is, you are right and I know it. Most times I do just ignore him. But sometimes I'm in a mood to egg him just as much as he tries to egg us. :)

Upvote 0
did anyone else get an OTA update this morning? i'm downloading now.
Not cool. Its one thing to joke around, but a statement like that in a thread like this without any smiley indicating that you are joking is downright mean and cruel to the members. Do it again and a boarding pass to Banlandia will be issued.

As for the topic at hand, like I said previously, there is no need to rehash it over and over, if the Sprint now says that the OTA is pushed back a bit further, then thats what it is. No need to complain about it cause it will not get the OTA here any sooner. It will just get you guys more angry and frustrated.

TS

Upvote 0
$224 a month?? Does your cell phone plan include a direct line to the President??

He definitely has multiple lines. No way in hell he's paying $224 on a single line.

I believe it. if you read his post about apple you'll see that he's a fanboy of apple and probably sports the iPhone and as we all know, they carry that expensive at&t branding :-D the apple logo itself is like 50 a month.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
$70 a month? Try $224 a month. Now you see why I am pissed about them not delivering? I keep my word and pay my bill ON TIME every month :rolleyes:

I still fail to understand where sprint has not delivered. If mid May passes and still no update then you will FINALLY have a valid point. Until then, Sprint hasn't broken any promises. For the price you pay per month, for a product you are obviously not satisfied with, you could pay your ETF and get out of your contract. This is why your constant bitching looks so stupid. If your unhappy, no one is making you stay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones