Sprint is charging me 130$Support

Last Updated:

1. ogxenergy

ogxenergy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just for fixing my broken charger port, thats a rip off. Anyone have ideas of what i could do. I don't want to pay 130$

Advertisement
  2. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

The price for repair and for insurance has escalated over recent years on all the carriers. You could try a second party repair service like CPR®  Cell Phone Repair - All Cell Phones (I am in no way recommending them!) which could prove cheaper. There are a bunch of these services around, maybe someone else can provide recommendations? Even if you had insurance (I'm assuming you don't), the deductible is $100. If you own your phone for more than 5 months and only have the one repair incident, you still come out ahead. If this is strictly a charging issue, you could go with a work around and buy a cheap battery charger on ebay . Good luck!

4. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I'd put it towards a different phone at this point. I wouldn't part with +$100 to still end up with a Moment. Moment was good when there weren't better options, but that time is passed.

5. Instinct User

+1

Even though I like my Moment a lot I probably wouldn't put more than $50 or so toward repairing it if something went wrong. Putting that $130 toward the purchase of a newer/better phone would make more sense IMO.

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

True, or you can buy a used Moment for around $130 - $150 or so on eBay / Craigslist.

7. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

Don't do it, just get a new different phone. I just bought a brand new Samsung Moment from a forum so I wouldn't have to upgrade through Sprint.

8. ogxenergy

Thanks guys, i bought those batteries off ebay. Im just gonna wait till November to get my upgrade Now i cant root my phone:mad:

9. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

$130 i think is without insurance. i would just save that $130 towards a new phone. evo 4g was in stock online yesterday. lol after being out of stock months.

also using a external battery and charger is gonna suck. every time u charge the battery u have to take it out and in. your battery cover will probably fall off from continuous use. i had this problem with my last phone.

10. ogxenergy

Yeah its gonna suck but whatever ill be getting the evo in November.

11. Instinct User

Good point. If that happens he can always get one of these: NEW Sprint Samsung Moment M900 Battery Door Cover OEM - eBay (item 270641654688 end time Oct-27-10 21:12:59 PDT)

12. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

How you gonna root it if you can't flash it through the charging port? :)

And btw I agree with saving the $130 for an upgrade. You can make it a month but you're really going to hate the moment by the time you can get rid of it.

13. GodCountryND

GodCountryND Well-Known Member

Spend that 130 towards canceling your Sprint account and get a phone from a different carrier?