Sprint is SlickTips

Last Updated:

1. ricebo

ricebo Member This Topic's Starter

Its funny that before Froyo u could use i heart radio and pandora just on your 3g network but afterwards the only way u could use those apps on the go or outside of ur home wifi network is by paying for the hotspot service for like an extra 30 bucks a month. I hate i even added froyo.

Advertisement
  2. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

Why would the hotspot feature matter? All that does it serve internet to another device (laptop etc).

I'm on Froyo and am able to use Pandora on 3G. I don't use I heart radio. It worked with the stock ROM too.

3. SHO_ONE

SHO_ONE Well-Known Member

What... I've been using Pandora none stop since I bought my EVO.... I think you might be confused... or I might be confused..... In any case one of us is confused.... back to Ninja fruit

4. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

+1 to Shawnz

I have Pandora and Slacker and i have no issues with using 3G and streaming music. Im at work in the middle of a 9 story building surrounded by Steel and concrete and it works just perfectly. BTW i dont have WiFi Access here and 4G is not in Buffalo.

Whats your 3G connection like? Have you tried to get a few speed tests to make sure its not your connection?

Also, Why does this make Sprint Slick? Froyo was Google (Android) OS update. Not sprint. If you want to possibly blame anyone, start with them then go to HTC for layering Sense then you can eventually get to Sprint.

Just something to think about here...

5. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I switched from Pandora to last.fm when i got Froyo cause Pandora wouldn't play consistently for me. Then last.fm started doing the same thing and i realized i had to set the screen timeout to "never" for it to play more than 1 or 2 songs in a row without stopping. Wifi or 3G has never been a factor in the performance of either app for me. I still haven't found a reason why my music apps stop when the screen shuts off, but it's not a big deal to me. I leave the screen on and put it back in the holster and stream music just fine regardless of my location/network method.

6. CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze Well-Known Member

Iheartradio doesn't work for me on the mobile network either. Everything else you mentioned works fine for me. Hopefully they update ihearteadio, it hasn't worked since froyo came out.

7. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

8. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Uummm, what does the hotspot fee have to do with using an app on your phone. Are you sure about this?? Pandora is working fine.

9. CoolBreeze

10. kesroesweyth

kesroesweyth Member

What? This post and the OP make no sense to me. As long as you are connected to WiFi, 3G, or 4G, you should be able to use Pandora or any other data-based service without issue.

Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with WiFi tethering (mobile hotspot app).

11. CoolBreeze

Pandora works fine for me. I was only talking about iheartradio. Theres a bug in iheartradio since 2.2 that wont let me connect through 3g/4g. It turns out leaving wifi on allows me to connect for some reason.

12. jeramie

jeramie Member

This .... For some reason you have to have wifi enabled for iheard radio to connect even though you're connected to the 3g network.

13. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

IHR is now working for me on 3G. Appbrain also shows an update for IHR but it cannot be found in the market. Anyone else now working on 3G or has anyone received the latest update?

14. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

pandora works fine for me. just downloaded iheart radio. works fine for me over 3g. no i did not turn on my wifi.

sounds like user error or corrupted apps. have you tired uninstalling them and re-installing them?