• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint just declined me for service should I still get the phone?

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a callback. A rep responded to the email I sent(thanks ImmaSlave4U). I pleaded my case. She eventually got the credit department on the line. They ok'd me to take another test. It turns Sprint is allowed to actually ask you the test 2 times. After failure of the second test you're locked out for good.

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hardest question was the first one. It was about a car I previously owned. Problem was that was 10 years ago. The second was the month my mother was born in. Easy. The third question they asked me was about a random name that had my last name attached.

I was approved for 2 lines with a 150 dollars spending limit. No deposit necessary. Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: clambert1273
Upvote 0
was this thru a best buy or radio shack?

anyways, since i only have one more chance at this, i think i might just wait until release day to use my other chance and just talk straight with the people at the sprint store. hopefully they'll be more willing to put things straight on the spot versus having to wait for a letter to tell you what went wrong. plus by then, i'll definitely have lived in my current residence for 2 yrs, if that was the issue....

i'd really like to see what their letter says too, about my first attempt.

Upvote 0
Im sure the Cricket and Metro people will want this phone on their network and will find a way to flash it to their network but here is the big problem, you will never get 4g working because no other cell phone carrier other than Sprint offers Wimax. There may also be problems with things like MMS also depending on what they can get working and what they cant.

my words exactly metro pcs will do it for you

Upvote 0
was this thru a best buy or radio shack?

anyways, since i only have one more chance at this, i think i might just wait until release day to use my other chance and just talk straight with the people at the sprint store. hopefully they'll be more willing to put things straight on the spot versus having to wait for a letter to tell you what went wrong. plus by then, i'll definitely have lived in my current residence for 2 yrs, if that was the issue....

i'd really like to see what their letter says too, about my first attempt.

See the thing is once you've been flagged you will be flagged again. Going into a retail store can't fix that. Trust me, I tried. What I didn't mention though is I went to a corporate Sprint store and pleaded my case yesterday. The guy couldn't do anything for me, but I guess he felt sorry for me. He said he would open me up an account and not use my social security number.

It shocked me that the guy would even give me that sort of option considering I'm at a corporate store. He was my last hope until I got the call today from Sprint.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
go to a corp sprint store, tell them what happened, and tell them you want to be with sprint and want the evo, but that the id questions are screwed up. bring pay stubs, bills, ss card, drivers license, your mom, etc.

make sure you tell them that it was the id questions that stumbled you the first time and they may have bad info. bring your letter. maybe there's something else they can do.

Upvote 0
Congrats. That's a shitty boat to be in. I have really good credit, but an old T-Mobile account I had went to collections and I didn't realize it because I didn't get anything notifying me that anything else was do. Eventually I got a letter and went "WTF?!", paid the $100 or so and took care of it, but it's still on my credit report which pisses me off. My guess is this is why I have a spending limit on my Sprint account, but I don't really care about that.

Upvote 0
On a lighter note...one time Sprint sent me to collections for 20$. I never knew how, because i always paid my bill early and in full. They couldnt explain to me either how it happened. I honestly thought it a a joke at first.

The best part? A rep from the collections place called me (this is how I found out about it, never had any previous warnings) and he said "I understand money can be short and you may not have the full amount. We can settle this debt today for 12$"

After a solid couple minutes of cackling into the phone I told him that would be fine.

Reactions: RickyRudy
Upvote 0
On a lighter note...one time Sprint sent me to collections for 20$. I never knew how, because i always paid my bill early and in full. They couldnt explain to me either how it happened. I honestly thought it a a joke at first.

The best part? A rep from the collections place called me (this is how I found out about it, never had any previous warnings) and he said "I understand money can be short and you may not have the full amount. We can settle this debt today for 12$"

After a solid couple minutes of cackling into the phone I told him that would be fine.

LOL it is much better when they tell you to use your tax refund or "borrow" from a relative :D

Upvote 0

I'm literally laughing out loud. You deserve a thanks for the humor.

Upvote 0
I've always been told that it was easier to get approved by sprint than the other big carriers. Was with AT&T for 8 years, T-Mobile for 1 year...I got approved for 10 lines on both carriers without deposit. When I switched to Sprint last month, I only got approved for 5 lines (no deposit or spending limit). After 9 years of never paying late, I figured I'd at least get 10 lines approved on Sprint.

Upvote 0
Sprint will NOT let you buy the phone if you're not a sprint customer, it doesn't matter how much money you're willing to pay. And to correct some posts, you can't just flash it to work on other carriers, it doesn't work that way. A carrier has to activate the phone or else it won't work and a CDMA carrier will ONLY activate phones that are on its list. OP, if sprint is declining your service, then you're SOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones