Sprint Live Search on Hero?

Last Updated:

1. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Hero yesterday after going through 5 Instincts S30's since August. This is way for phone that what the Instinct was. But one feature I used a lot on the Instinct was called Live Search. I could press a button and say a word, like " pizza" and it would give me all the pizza places in my given area along with address, phone number, I could call or get driving directions as well. I am just there is a app that would do this or maybe the feature is on the phone, but I haven't found it yet.
    Thanks
    Oh and what is "rooting" and is this something I should do? why?

Thanks Again
    NCH

Advertisement
  2. NCHornet

I just figured out that Sprint Navigation will do this but you need to type the words in and not speak. Still comes in handy.

3. top magoo

top magoo Active Member

try the "where" application from the app market... it's very similar to live search.

4. NCHornet

Thanks, does it work by speach?

5. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Yep. You'll see a microphone icon in the top right next to the search field. Tap that and you'll be able to search with voice.

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

the yellowbook app does something like that. I've never really used it but it will find stuff with your speech and using a gps location from your phone.

7. geneva54

geneva54 Well-Known Member

You dont have to download an application for this feature........it is already installed on the phone. Just go to the screen with Google Search. Push the microphone icon and speak what you are looking for. Works great!!