Sprint LTE in Kansas CitySupport

1. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member

I just saw the note about LTE being turned on early in Kansas City, so I tried to change my S3 to test it out on Sprint. So, I did Settings | Wireless & networks -- more settings | Mobile Networks | Network mode and chose LTE/CDMA instead of just CDMA. It says it has to reboot and then it comes right back up in CDMA only mode again. Is there something else I should be doing?

Advertisement
    :
  2. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member

update: OK, so I called sprint to ask what the deal was. Apparently LTE was disabled in the shipping config.

They had me do the data config (##3282#) and then edit. Enter MSL, then Advanced and check the box next to LTE to turn on.

We did not modify the 6 settings under Others | LTE APN Settings, but left it as "APN2 LTE internet (n.ispsn)"

It was active immediately and did not require a reboot, you just have to use the back arrow to get out to your desktop.

I ran speedtest here on the eastern fringe of the metro area and got 5.5Mbps down and 3.8Mbps up. I'm pretty happy with that as it's inside my house and I couldn't get WiMax on Evo 3D consistently until I went half a mile west even outdoors.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
  3. steveu694

steveu694 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that Houston was one of the first cities to get LTE.... on the 15th. Today is the 13th. Do you think we have 4G? And how do I get my MSL? I called sprint about what you did and they thought I was ******ed. Any ideas?
  4. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member

I understand there are going to be 5 cities getting LTE on the 15th, but for whatever reason they turned up Kansas City yesterday or today. I can only guess it's because the corporate headquarters are here.

To get the MSL, I had to call and ask them since I couldn't just turn on the LTE feature. I don't know if they'll roll out an update on the 15th so that everyone can, or if they just will handle changes one at a time. Mine was disabled from the factory, but my wife's S3 enabled LTE without any issue.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Well-Known Member

Well just for the fun of it I turned it on I'm a long way away from LTE but what the heck :) Come on LTE in So Calif
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Well-Known Member