Sprint, Metro PCS merger

Last Updated: 2012-10-11 01:34:45
  1. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Oh come on, dude. I have a business degree.

I don't care how the accountants are STRUCTURING the deal. T-mobile is buying MetroPCS.

T-mobile CEO stays in charge, not Metro's management. MetroPCS name is going away and they are receiving $1.5 billion. They were sold. They got bought out.

From your article:

Sprint rejected Metro because they wanted $8 billion in compensation, which was ludicrous. So, lower price for T-Mobile. SALE!

_________

Part of the reason it's being "structured" the way it is because T-Mobile is a subsidiary of a German company (Deutsche Telecom), not an independent company. So, technically it's DT that is buying Metro, then DT is combining T-Mobile and Metro into one company, which will have the T-mobile name.

Advertisement
    EarlyMon likes this.
  2. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

True. T Mobile has the capital ownership of MetroPCS. So In a sense they did bought metro, indeed. But Its not so much of a loss, both of them are kinda on the same goal page. By buying metro, they now are a step closer to producing better and true fast network. While metropcs needed a lift because of spectrum and coverage . I think they will help each other.

Plus check this out :

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/03/deutsche-telekom-and-metropcs-boards-approve-t-mobile-merger/
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Amazing. Lmao

Nothing wrong with i told you so's. :D
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. Fuzzy13

All i wanna know is well i be forced off my og $40 plan at some point?
  5. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

That's one of my biggest concerned , in this case tho it seems T-Mobile is the one that has to make some changes. Metro was already planning on going VoLTE to get rid of their CDMA, but in the other hand T-Mobile seems to be dumping their GSM frequencies and converting their network for 4G. Plus more shared spectrum for both and devices collection , yay.

but don't mess eith the plan prices :(
  6. ChazzMatt

To be honest, the Sprint/MetroPCS merger attempt made more sense. Both CDMA, both LTE. :rolleyes:

Problem is, any Metro phone you buy now will be obsolete. Like the EXPENSIVE SIII? Yes, you can use it right now, but you may not be able to SELL it -- unless you find someone dumb enough to buy it? :)

But here ya go:

MetroPCS Subscriber? What the T-Mobile Merger Means to You
    MetroPCS Subscriber? What the T-Mobile Merger Means to You | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

7. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

well guess t/metro just lost a customer
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

and where ya gonna go??? lol
  9. blaxican25

any where lol i can afford a $100 dollar bill a month i might get the optimus g or the galaxy note 2:) do you think current metro pcs 4g customers would be grandfatherd in at the current price $?
  10. PlayfulGod

prices are stated to stay lower than Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. ;)

I see this as a good move. ;)

Prolly not, but there prolly wont be any changes in pricing for a few months at least.
  11. blaxican25

i read the metro pcs stock holders have to agree for the deal to be finale.
  12. PlayfulGod

I dont see them voting it down lol
  13. blaxican25

lol yeah just read there gonna get paid $1.5 billion i would not vote it down ethier lol. will hopefully t/metro gets the optimus g
  14. PlayfulGod

most likely tmo will be getting n it offered on tmo's gsm network some time next year.

Tmo has a lot better selections of devices than metro too. ;)
  15. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

this article:
    Deutsche Telekom and MetroPCS Announce Merger (Phone Scoop)

totally contradicts this one:

MetroPCS Subscriber? What the T-Mobile Merger Means to You | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

the PCmag article seems to be based on the assumption that Tmobile USA is purchasing metroPCS. the phone scoop article states the opposite. according to the phonescoop article Deusche telekom and metroPCS are(or have) worked out a deal where metroPCS is purchasing Tmobile USA.

according to the phonescoop article tmobile isnt making any moves in this deal. this is between DT and metro in how they're gonna divvy up tmobile USA and how Dt wants to give up ownership of tmobile.

metro is not being bought or sold, Tmobile USA is.

quote from the phonescoop article:
  16. ChazzMatt

We already covered that, higher up. Pay attention. T-mobile is buying Metro. The company is called T-mobile, they get Metro's spectrum, Metro gets 1.5 billion. Metro is sold. T-mobile's CEO stays in charge.

Understand, so far?

However, to keep it "legal" because T-mobile is owned by a foreign company and there's also tax issues.... T-Mobile's parent company (DT from Germany) is "partially" buying Metro, then "combining" the two companies, blah, blah, blah. It's an accounting trick.

Metro goes away, all the licences and spectrum goes to T-Mobile. CDMA goes away and becomes HSPA+ (along with LTE).

Please don't make us have to discuss all this again.

If Metro was acutally buying T-mobile, all the reverse would be happening. Metro would get all the spectrum and licenses, all the T-mobile stores would become Metro stores, etc., T-mobile CEO would be gone.

If I pay you $15,000 for your car, and my name is now on the title, and I'm driving it all over town -- and you no longer have any car to drive -- didn't I buy your car?
    Fuzzy13 likes this.
  17. Fuzzy13

Thank you thank you thank you.
  18. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Its like a match made in know it all heaven.
  19. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

hahahahaha, fair enough.

looks like i wont be getting the S3. I will be going back to low-end feature phones as TM will jack up the prices for plans.

was good while it lasted..
  20. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Now chazz being that you have a gsm/hspa phone whenever it switches to lte than you will be in our same position as we are getting the metro s3
  21. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Come on w don't let that stop you
  22. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

even if TM decides ultimately to honor our current plans and keep us grandfathered i wont be getting the S3 as better phones will be available to me in a few months.

like i said before, im willing to wait.
  23. Fuzzy13

This is over 2 years from now. Get whatever phone you want on metro. It's not like your gonna keep it for those 2 years so out don't matter. When that time comes get a t mobile phone and move on.

Case closed.
  24. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Case closed fuzzy I agree we both are getting the s3 and that's it
  25. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

whats happening in two years?

CDMA being shut down or metro customers having access to TMs phone lineup?