• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint misquoted about throttling.

Funny you say this.... I used to have full bars at my house with sprint one second and the next it would be roaming with no data. Idk what they have going on, but it is unimpressive.

FYI, I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago. I dialed *2 to inquire and it was answered by Cricket (guess this area roams on Cricket). Then I dialed the CustServ on 888# and explained. The first-level rep wanted me to set System select to "Home only". Duh!!!

I called the 888# again and this time was transferred to TechSup. She explained the tower may be down or being serviced, opened a ticket, and said someone will call me when the tower is up. The call never came, but the service was restored in about 12 hours. No problems since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones