• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Mk2 update

You'd need to un-root and do that whole thing again. Really not worth it, though. MK2 only fixes a minor bug, that of the phone turning on during recharge and not shutting back off by itself. Mine has that bug, although it only happens every couple of weeks. I'm not going to MK2 to fix it, though. At least not until an official Hotspot Mod is available for it.

I just killed the notification for the update and am nice and stable on stock, rooted MJA.

Upvote 0
Could you explain how to kill the notification? I was forced to download it, and suspect I may not get the KitKat push until it goes away. I am rooted and the MK2 will not load. It just says "rebooting" and times out. Thanks.
Rooted phones do not have the (current) stock recovery so the update will not install. Easiest thing to do at this point is
- Unroot from within SuperSU
- Download the Sprint CDMA tar from SamMobile.com for NAE
- Install it via Odin. When the phone boots back up after optimizing apps, reboot again. The optimization process takes 2 boots and some apps may appear to be missing inbetween boots.
- Re-root using CF-Autoroot or (if necessary) a custom recovery such as Philz that will reroot for you.

Upvote 0
Could you explain how to kill the notification? I was forced to download it, and suspect I may not get the KitKat push until it goes away. I am rooted and the MK2 will not load. It just says "rebooting" and times out. Thanks.

It's pretty easy. The next time the notification comes up, long press it from the notification pane. The go to App Info and uncheck the show notifications box.

Upvote 0
Thanks jejb,

That notification has been bugging me for a couple of weeks. Worked perfectly. By turning off notifications like this, are there any important notifications that may now be missed?
Depends on what you consider important, I guess. Just system updates will be missed.
Also, do you know how I can delete the uninstalled, but downloaded, update from my phone?
I think it's a zip file on your internal storage, so search for those and see if you find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones