Sprint Monthly Fee for ASL?

Last Updated:

1. chrissyd

chrissyd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I stumbled across a site of extremely disgruntled loyal Sprint customers in regards to their decision to implement a $4.99/mo fee to ALL ASL accounts. Does anyone here know why they are applying this fee to ASL accounts? It just seems backwards from the direction Hesse is trying to take Sprint. Anyway just looking for some imput on this topic, thanks!

Sprint To Charge New ASL Fee!! - Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers

:eek:

Advertisement
  2. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

As a former retailer, my experience is that the ASL customers often put the biggest burden on Sprint's call centers and other resources. While many ASL users are able to properly manage their accounts, there are too many that refuse to understand the concept. Those are the ones who hit their spending limit, get their phone hot-lined, and spend 30 minutes trying to understand why they reached their limit. Repeat this once or twice a month, with potentially hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

The charge probably won't stop those calls, but it will recover some of the costs of running the call centers for these customers.

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i think it is totally justified for ASL bills... for the exact reason stated above

4. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

Why should this be justified. I pay my bill way before Its due, never go over my limit, why should I charged an extra $5 monthly?

5. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Look at it this way... Customers like me are getting a savings for using auto pay.