Sprint must not want me off of SERO

Last Updated:

1. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was denied the $10/24 discount, which I am fine with for the most part. Since I've been on SERO for a while, I was just going to bite the bullet and upgrade my plan.

I went into Best Buy, they only had 2 employees working and there were like a handful of people standing and waiting around. Why would BestBuy be understaffed on an EVO launch is beyond me. So I left.

Going into Sprint, they had many employees working, which was great. As I was about to purchase my EVO, the rep said that they can't upgrade my SERO and not risk losing my $100 rebate. They said that there's nothing they can do and that I would have to call Sprint directly.

WTF, I don't understand, why is Sprint making me jump through hoops just to get off of SERO. It should be the other way around. Now I'm reminded why I hate cell phone companies so much.

Advertisement
  2. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member

The store reps don't know what they're talking about. I'm likely getting mine via wirefly, avoiding the rebate, and simply transferring the number from SERO plan.

3. MrX8503

Yeah, whenever I mention SERO, the reps look at me funny. I asked bestbuy and RS about it and they didn't know what it was.

4. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

You'll have to get off of it one way or another.

5. MrX8503

The funny thing is that I am trying to get off of SERO. I was at the Sprint store and they weren't even sure how to upgrade me and keep my rebate.