• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] My phone wont receive forwarded calls

Hi Everyone,

I have a sprint evo 4g lte and I am trying to get my business landline to forward to it but it wont. First I set up my landline to forward to my cell phone. Then I have my wife call the business line, a message is played saying the call can not be connected. But if I set up the business line to foward to any other cell phone, it works. This is driving me nuts. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

This is not a phone issue and more a Sprint issue, so let's move the discussion here.

Couple of questions:

Are you NEW to sprint?

IF you are new, did you port your number over to sprint?

Did you integrate Google Voice into your phone number?

I think there is a cost to forward numbers on sprint but I admit I am not certain on this. I do know Sprint likes to use Google Voice and there could be a possibility this is causing you some grief.

Did you contact sprints CS and see if they can help? If nothing else, they can make sure your account is setup properly.

others will chime in here with other solutions/help.

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone,

I have a sprint evo 4g lte and I am trying to get my business landline to forward to it but it wont. First I set up my landline to forward to my cell phone. Then I have my wife call the business line, a message is played saying the call can not be connected. But if I set up the business line to foward to any other cell phone, it works. This is driving me nuts. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

You need to provide more info about your setup to get exact help. That said, all my home and business line calls come to my Sprint phones with no problems. They have for years.

If you have phone services through your cable provider (specifically Cablevision for the following set up advice), it's pretty easy.

From your cable service phone/voice settings, select the "Find Me" ring option. It will allow you to input your mobile or any other number. Set your number. Your phone will now ring any time on both your home/business and your mobile phone. Voicemails will be left on your home/business voicemail. I don't have a Google Voice number, but I've heard from others this has no impact.

The other option is actually call forwarding. Using this option, your mobile phone will be the only phone that rings/receives the calls. Voicemails will be left only on your mobile number. I don't care for this option because it's really there when you don't want the calls to go to the home/business at all.

If you have different voicemail messages for your home/business and mobile numbers, people also get the answer message from your home/business line using option 1 when they call that number.

I think both Find Me and Call Forward through my service provider also give me caller ID info since that's a part of my plan.

If you have a traditional landline, sorry I can't help you. Haven't had one of those for almost 10 years now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones