Sprint Nav Constantly Rearing Its Head

Last Updated:

1. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know a number of us have had problems with Messaging draining the phone's resources, but how about Sprint Navigation? I kid you not, I have killed that app three times in the last hour. It's not a widget on one of my screens, nor have I even used it once. I'm opening the app now to see if there's something I can fix, but I'm curious if anyone else has this happen frequently, too.

Advertisement
  2. wirelessness

wirelessness Member

Never.

3. crake001

crake001 New Member

All the time, I would just remove it, but i like the app besides the fact it runs for no apparent reason.

4. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

Crossing my fingers that this is one of the things that will be fixed from the upcoming MR.

5. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Never happened to me either. I am courious if you have installed a program that may use the GPS and keeps calling the application. Does it do it after you do a soft reset and before you actually use Sprint Nav?

Have you tried a hard reset?

6. CitizenD

It always does it after a soft reset. I did a hard reset a few days ago when my screen started wigging out, which I attributed to not using the charger the phone came with. Not sure if I have a program that accesses GPS, but I'll go through and check. I love using Sprint Nav, I just don't like when it eats up my phone's processing and battery powers, which seems to be par for the course with this thing right now.

7. CitizenD

I do have a number of apps that can access GPS, but I haven't noticed any that I open on a consistent basis that would start it up. I just disabled GPS in the settings to see if that helps. Perhaps that was a no-brainer.

However, I also noticed that Voice Dialer and something titled com.coremobility.app.vnotes also start up without me opening them.

8. bobeink

bobeink Active Member

did the update fix this issue? anyone?

9. mindctrl

mindctrl New Member

I have this issue too with Sprint Nav constantly opening itself for no apparent reason. I just installed the update and will have to test it.