Sprint Navigation and Native Messages always running!!

Last Updated:

1. hgrace

hgrace New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, the thread title is a little mis-leading. But, it seems whenever I recieve a text message ( i am only using ChompSMS as well!) then Sprint Navigation and Messages (the native app) will be running in my Task Manager directly after. I understand that the device being Linux and not WinMo that multi-tasking does not deplete battery or performance, it is just VERY annoying that my Sprint HTC Hero is running apps on its own, and I would like to know why. Thank you, and I appreciate your guy's time.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Not sure why navigation runs, but Messages runs because ChompSMS (and Handcent) pull their information from the native app.

So.... the native app HAS to run so that it can get the information from the network and send it to Chomp.

hgrace likes this.
  3. hgrace

hgrace New Member This Topic's Starter

Sweet, Thanks Kelmar. I'm upset I didnt just realize that myself, but I guess the Navigation thing messed me up.

Then my next question would be... Since ChompSMS is opening up that native Messages app, is it also opening up that Dialer problem where it will not allow my phone to go to sleep ? And also ChompSMS doesn't open up Messages when it sends a SMS, so it does not use the native app to send anything?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If your firmware is up-to-date you don't need to worry about that sleep issue.

No idea.

5. bizarrogreg

bizarrogreg Well-Known Member

I think it just opens the Navigation based off the fact that the sw is preparing for the possibility that you may need to navigate to one of your contacts, or a link in a text. I could be wrong, but that is about the only thing that has ever made sense to me with that situation...

6. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member

yep.. my hero did this all the time with 1.5 and still does it with 2.1. I have learned to except it and install advanced task manager :)