1. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Sassy_Lina

Sassy_Lina Well-Known Member

Great find!
  3. Mikesnap

Mikesnap Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, that was really cool. I want a Dock like that for my car but i don't want to spend much anyone have any suggestions?
  4. zaltol

zaltol Well-Known Member

Pretty damn sweet.
  5. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

Scarlett920 likes this.
  6. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

How is the volume on Sprint Navigation?
  7. Dano7024

Dano7024 Active Member

Volume is good, but if your ride is quite than its real good. My truck isn't so quite so I use my S9 and that works great for me. I seem to think it also matters on how good the phones speaker is. The Pre wasn't that great but my Blade was.
  8. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

I'm wondering with the fm radio inside the EVO is there some how to have it play out the car speakers?
  9. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Thats just an FM reciever.

There shouldnt be any issue plugging the headphone jack into the auxillery jack on your car stereo and have it play through the speakers that way, though.
  10. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I have Sprint Navigation on my Blackberry Tour and have been really happy with it. I am interested to see the Google Maps Navigation.
  11. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

So glad it works in landscape mode.

Does google nav work in landscape?

As long as Sprint Nav works better on the Evo than it does on the Pre, i'll be happy. The pre can't seem to find a GPS signal on clear sunny days with me standing still out in the open with my phone stuck high towards the sky. Its a joke.
  12. mikevember

mikevember Well-Known Member

My Sprint Nav has worked flawlessly since day one, maybe a location issue.
    AM2 likes this.
  13. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Now, forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm new to the forums and am awaiting the 4G EVO that I've pre-ordered, but is Sprint Nav fully free on Sprint now with the "everything" plans?

I've seen older posts and reviews mentioning you have a trial subscription first, then start paying, but the Sprint site itself mentions "free GPS navigation" included with the data plan.

Now, seeing as the EVO will have the Google-based navigation too, that can be used instead, but I just wanted to find out a definitive answer on whether TeleNav or Sprint Navigation is free for life these days?

Thanks!
  14. acp

acp Well-Known Member

^yes. sprint nav is free

wow, does that guy have little woman hands or is that an Evo XL :)
  15. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Great video!

I will be using the Sprint Navigation as my backup source when I head down to Myrtle Beach in June.

Because I do not want to lose service and get lost without a GPS, I will be using my Garmin GPS as my primary source.
  16. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Yes it does. I like Google Navigation better than telenav because it has a larger database of places.
  17. stoli412

stoli412 Well-Known Member

Does either Sprint Nav or Google Nav have advanced lane guidance? I LOVE this feature on my friend's TomTom.

[​IMG]
  18. wjrandon

wjrandon Well-Known Member

I've used Sprint Navigation aka Telenav up and down the eastern United States from Michigan to Florida and as far west as Missouri it's never gotten me lost nor has Sprint coverage ever let me down. You don't have a problem but I am looking forward to using Google Navigation because it appears to offer features.
  19. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

20. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Pretty cool videos.

TS
  21. nathanjr

nathanjr Member

Does anybody know if SprintNav caches your route so it will still work if you lose the data signal? I'd love to use this instead of my Magellan out in the country.
    I've tried it with Google Nav on my G1 and it goes ipso shitso once the signal is lost (which happens a lot here with Tmo).
  22. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I have been using TeleNav on my BlackBerry for the past year, and have never gone back to standalone GPS. I used it with a GPS puck via bluetooth.

I loved it. Biggest gripe was that the volume was low. Very low. You couldn't play it through speakers via an FM Modulator either.
  23. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i'm waiting for Google Teleporter
  24. Michael.

Michael. Well-Known Member

25. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member

The low volume has nothing to do with Telenav, its your blackberrys speakers, seems like an older version you own (no gps built-in)

On my blackberry tour its quite loud.