Sprint Navigation- What to do when signal is lost?Support

Last Updated:

1. methodtical15

methodtical15 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys quick ?

Earlier this weekend me and a couple of friends took a trip north to one of our favorite oyster farms for some good oyster. On the way up there I volunteered to use my gps on my phone to guide us there.

Using the Sprint Nav app while we started to hit the mountains I lost signal on my phone and when that happened the app reverted back to showing me a guesstimate of where to turn and then it said eventually its said "could not cannot connect to server" or something similar. So we were basically driving blind and I was looking like my Evo wasnt worth the $200 I payed for. What do you guys do in events like these where you get stuck in the booneys trying to navigate without a cell signal? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

There's nothing you can do without a signal. That's the one disadvantage of phones compared to standalone gps units.

3. jfenton

jfenton Well-Known Member

Something is amiss here.......the GPS is totally separated from whether you have a cell signal or not. I've had sprint nav work in the mountains where there was no cell signal for 50 miles....and work like a charm.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The GPS should work anywhere. The problem is the programs (ie google maps) needs a cell signal (internet specifically) to download the maps. I'm not sure if there are any apps that come with full maps. I know windows mobile has some. If you have an app that already has map data, then you dont need a cell signal.