Sprint New ota updateGeneral

1. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. lsmith9523

lsmith9523 Member

Any Sprint users received the new OTA update that was released yesterday (7/8/13)? I am in the Atlanta area and have yet to receive any notification. I keep checking my Samsung Software for an update, but the results are still the same "Your system is up to date". Just curious...

TIA,

Larry
  3. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Nothing yet in Los Angeles
    lsmith9523 likes this.
  4. sschwindt

sschwindt New Member

Nothing in Iowa
    lsmith9523 likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Similar topics merged.:)
    Atma likes this.
  6. Sierra255

Sierra255 Well-Known Member

I've checked for a firmware update several times today and so far nothing. On my last phone, the updates seemed to come most often during the middle of the night. It would be there waiting for me when I woke up.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
  7. RollTide15X

RollTide15X Member

Where can I get the Sprint update you mentioned? I'm having a hard time finding anything about it in the forums.
  8. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

You can download it from this link. Your device has to be completely stock though.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  9. lsmith9523

lsmith9523 Member

RollTide15X,

I have been checking my "Samsung Software Update" option in my settings. "Menu-Settings-More-System Update-Update Samsung Software"...Nothing so far..

Oh by the way,

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!
    RollTide15X likes this.
  10. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

You guys know you can force the update by killing google services framework right? Took me 3 times but was able to force the update.

In case you're not familiar with this trick:

http://androidforums.com/5813285-post61.html
    RollTide15X likes this.
  11. DAE51D

DAE51D Well-Known Member

Will this OTA update UNROOT my phone? I just have it rooted with the standard ROM, nothing fancy.
  12. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

Seems the case from this link
  13. Sierra255

I tried this trick and every time I try to update the Samsung software, I get a message that the process com.samsung.syncservice has stopped working. Also, Google Services Framework is no longer in my App manager. I may have done something wrong, though.
  14. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

15. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

P.S. I received the new firmware last week. So far I love it. One consideration: Once you download and install the new MF9 make sure you launch your camera ONCE (before you need it). The camera software will do a separate update that takes a few minutes. You don't want to miss that special shot.
    star444, RollTide15X and Unforgiven like this.
  16. RollTide15X

RollTide15X Member

Ohhh. Yeeeeaaahhh about that..... rooted my phone with the stock rom so could use my mobile hot spot for free. Also, so I can use Android Firewall (which works great BTW.) So would this update kill my root? If so I'll wait. Not even close to filling up the phone yet.
  17. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the UK is getting this update?
  18. Sierra255

It was rolled out to the UK before going to the US.
    2badmice likes this.
  19. Sierra255

I just got done installing the update manually. I have a problem though. I have the 'No Connection - Retry' error in the Google Play Store app. I've tried clearing the cache and even uninstalling the updates for it. No luck. Any ideas besides resetting the phone?
  20. SteveyAsp

SteveyAsp Member

Interesting you should ask that question, I have a SIM free S4 and I've still not received the latest upgrade either
  21. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Just got my update this morning in Los Angeles
  22. Catpfish

Catpfish Member

I had the same issue. I deleted my gmail account (or the account associated with the market) and "reinstalled" it. That seemed to do the trick.
  23. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Now it's not connecting to my WiFi. After the update it asked for the WiFi password. I put it in and it says "saved". When I press on connect, nothing happens.
  24. Sierra255

Dang, wish I had seen this sooner. I went the route of backing up and resetting the phone. It was a hassle to have to deal with, but nothing too bad.
  25. Anthony Garcia

Anthony Garcia New Member

Got mine as well yesterday night. Los Angeles. I think it made my phone a bit sluggish now when I swipe left and right where my apps are at.