Sprint NFL Mobile upgradeSupport

Last Updated:

1. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I tried to run the Sprint app for NFL mobile, but it says I need an upgrade. It then downloads an application from a site I don't know. When I tried to launch it (I know, don't launch unknown things), it blocks the installation because I'm still set to the Sprint/default setting of only allowing applications from the Android Market.

Has anyone else tried this or have any concerns? It seems a little odd to me. On my previous phones, Sprint upgraded their apps and I had to install everything from them. Since this phone uses the Market, it's obviously a change in procedure.

Should I change the setting to do this one install, and then go back? Or should there be some other approved way for Sprint to distribute updates to their own apps?

Thanks,
    Scott

Advertisement
  2. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

It's a Sprint product not an Android product. If you want it you'll have to switch your settings...

3. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

i installed the update. just change the setting to allow non market apps to be installed. once its installed just change back to market only. the update worked for me.