Sprint not supporting Android updates!

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by gme109, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    I've talked to two tier 2 tech support personal and they flat out said we can't help you, we don't support Android updates, end of story. After I explained the problem I was having with the third tech support person, he realized the problem I was having was with my phone, and had me do a had restart, which fixed the download problem.But he too said, we don't support anything do with the Android software, but at least he helped with the download issue.

So now I have the latest Android update, but my phone will not download anything from the Android market. So I called tech support again, and it was determined that I have a defective phone, and I should return it to a store for another one, which will be my FOURTH! This is wearing me out.

Advertisement

2. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Work with blind kids
    Tucson Az
    I guess Ive been lucky in that I haven't had any issues (aside for the SLOW 3G data speeds) with my Epic. I can only go so far for a device that I really like but having to exchange it 3 times previous is too many times. If I were you I would really look to maybe getting an EVO if you really want to stay with sprint. Or Another Galaxy device on another carrier if you still want Samsung.

the phone is really not worth the headache..

3. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Seacoast, NH
    After 3 exchanges Sprint lets you exchange for a different phone.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    What android updates are you talking about?

Sprint supports official Sprint Android updates.

5. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    not true anymore.