• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint Note 3 Boot Animation

edhoward

Lurker
Oct 6, 2013
I have a Sprint note 3 running stock 4.4.2, rooted, cwm 6.04, with a build that ends in NC5. I have tried several methods to change the boot animation on this device with no success. I've tried Boot Animation* Root and it stopped the Sprint part of the Boot animation the rest is black. So I reflashed the stock firmware and got the Samsung part of the boot animation back and after a few tries was able to change the shut down only. I've been putting the boot animation in System/Media, changed the permission to rw r r with no success. Changed resolutions to 720x1280 and Im can't figure out whaqt I'm missing. Has anyone had any success with this and if so can you share with me how to do this? I don't want to give up but it's gotten frustrating.
Thanks

I have a Sprint note 3 running stock 4.4.2, rooted, cwm 6.04, with a build that ends in NC5. I have tried several methods to change the boot animation on this device with no success. I've tried Boot Animation* Root and it stopped the Sprint part of the Boot animation the rest is black. So I reflashed the stock firmware and got the Samsung part of the boot animation back and after a few tries was able to change the shut down only. I've been putting the boot animation in System/Media, changed the permission to rw r r with no success. Changed resolutions to 720x1280 and Im can't figure out whaqt I'm missing. Has anyone had any success with this and if so can you share with me how to do this? I don't want to give up but it's gotten frustrating.
Thanks

I used "Rom Toolbox Pro" to do this on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm not sure if it works for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but I presume it does as it doesn't specify otherwise in the application description in the Google Play store.

Rom Toolbox Pro gives you a list of boot animations to preview inside the application in .gif format and then if you're satisfied with that animation you just press install and then it's done. You can also change the boot logo etc, but I haven't had the desire to change anything like that so far with the Note 3.

Reactions: edhoward
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones