[Sprint] Nothing works in CWM :(

Last Updated:

1. mk2mark

mk2mark New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have an S4 here that I've been messing around with installing different roms on, I installed one (negalite) that had the option to wipe the data partition during install, which is where the zip file being flashed was located.

Anyway the problem is that I can't push any zip files using adb, I get an I/O error. Formatting /data in CWM (6.0.3.2) I get the following in the log-file:

Can't partition non-vfat: datamedia
    Can't format unknown volume: /emmc

Most of the solutions I've seen for this involve flashing new files which I can't do.

I also tried fixing perms through CWM, I get the following : fix_permissions: not found

At this point I'm unsure what else to do, help is much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums mk2mark! :)

In order to help you further, could you give the, "Version", of Galaxy S4 that you have. See #1.2 of, "18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?".

Shotgun84 likes this.
  3. mk2mark

I guess I could have mentioned what phone I'm talking about :D It's a Sprint SPH-L720.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Shotgun84 likes this.
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Mark:wavey:

I'm not familiar with the Sprint gs4 so I'll move this over to the Sprint all things root sub forum where I'm sure someone will be able to help you out:)

ironass likes this.
  5. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If you can get into your Custom Recovery (which you should have before flashing a ROM anyway), simply flash a new ROM there.

If you do not have a custom recovery and can only access Download Mode, you'll have to reinstall the stock MF9 ROM using Odin.

6. mk2mark

Thanks Darnell for pointing me in the right direction.

Reinstalling CWM seems to have done the trick - I was under the impression that if I could boot to recovery it was ok but I guess not. The reinstall cleared up all the weird I/O errors and perm issues.