[sprint] Phone beeps when making calls [OP is connected to an airave - resolved]

1. _-Jay-_

_-Jay-_ Well-Known Member

Yesterday, my phone suddenly started making 3 short beeps when making voice calls. The strange part is, when I got home from work, my wife told me there was a problem with her Photon. When asked what the problem is, she told me her phone started making 3 short beeps when she tried to make a call. How the hell can 2 completely different handsets from 2 completely different manufacturers have the same exact problem on the same day? Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

are you rooted?

what part of the country do you live in?

could be sprints network upgrades going on in your area. you should give sprint a call an ask them if there have been any upgrades going on in your zip code.

ill move this to the sprint forum since you have had the same issue seen on a different handset. perhaps if you share your zip code then others can chime in and see if they experienced this as well.

EDIT: are you able to make the calls after you hear the beeps?

also what are your settings for voice privacy?

do you have an airvana? maybe someone near you has an airvana and you are picking up there signal. i have an airvana and when i make calls i hear three beeps. do a *99 and see if it says you are on an airvana network....

has your strength level on BOTH handsets increased?

is the beeping still occurring?
    la sal likes this.
  3. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Are you near an Airave unit? When you make a call over an Airave unit, there are 3 beeps before the number is dialed. You can check by dialing *99 and you will get a message "You are now within Airave ...."
    la sal likes this.
  4. _-Jay-_

I dialed *99 and it says that I am now within airave coverage. Is that a problem for me?
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

no thats a good thing! someone near you just picked up an airave so enjoy better reception and call quality.
  6. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

It would be a problem if you and your wife were on a different carrier. Airaves block signals to phones which aren't on Sprints network. I have to return mine for that reason.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. _-Jay-_

Thanks guys
  8. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

Those Airaves have 3 power settings, default is mid power, you can turn down to not bother other people or CRANK IT UP if you have no neighbors. Cranked up mine is good for almost 200 feet from unit.
    drexappeal likes this.
  9. ironbrewer

ironbrewer Well-Known Member

How do airaves work? Are they signal amplifiers or do the suck on to your computers wifi??

Never mind. I figured it out. It uses your home router data.

I'm sure most of you know this, but just thought I would say it for people who don't.