Sprint Pre-Order and Release date discussion threadGeneral

When do you think the Sprint pre orders will start shipping?

1. Monday June 11th

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Wednesday June 13th

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. Thursday June 14th

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Monday June 18th

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  5. Wednesday June 20th

24 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. dodgeis4me

dodgeis4me Active Member

Will Sprint get this?

Advertisement
  2. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm sure Sprint will get the GS3 since they got the last two. I just hope the U.S. get it sooner this time around.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I think we Sprint customers (and probably VZW as well) will get it a little later than the GSM carriers do, because of all the discussion of LTE/CDMA support with the new processors. It would be equally bad for them to release the GS3 for either CDMA carrier with either a subpar processor or lack of LTE compatibility.
  4. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Why's that? Wasn't there a recent article that stated the new Exynos chip plays well with CDMA/LTE? I forgot which website it was from.
  5. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

There was report of a Samsung executive saying new Exynos will support LTE radio on board, but no specific info like GSM/LTE, CDMA/LTE support and frequency bands were given.

They might use Krait S4 snapdragon for CDMA/LTE version. S4 snapdragon performs decently, easily on par with tegra3, though new Exynos is what makes SIII stand out. Qualcomm is working on quad core version of S4 pro toward the Q4 this year. And Samsung is developing their own LTE radio that works with new Exynos as well. Mobile AP war in the second half will be very interesting.
  6. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Well Sprint just announced the new EVO LTE. Samsung needs to announce their flagship soon. Even though it will probably be awhile, I want to at least know the specs for this beast.
  7. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Well-Known Member

Sprint will be getting a version of it, its just a matter of when. Keep in mind The U.S carriers seem to have a way ruining a great phone.
  8. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Well the Epic 4G Touch was pretty awesome. I had no problem with the design at all. Plus it was the same processor as the international version. Hopefully they continue that. But I get what you're saying.
  9. ab30494

ab30494 Well-Known Member

Unless the GS3 wows me, i will be getting the htc evo 4g lte
  10. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that. The only thing that will keep me from gettin the new EVO will depend on how awesome the GS3 will be. Samsung needs to make the announcement already.
  11. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the release date will be Sept/Oct again

If so, this

12. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member

I dont think it will be like last year.

Rumors are Samsung wants to release the phone worldwide around the same time.

I think the Evo 4g LTE will be out late May or Early June and Sprint will see the SIII sometime by July/August
  13. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm assuming a July/August release as well. I hope Sprint gets then.
  14. unashamedgeek

unashamedgeek New Member

I wonder if Sprint releasing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will have them delay it all. I would think Sprint and Samsung wouldn't want to hurt the sales of the Nexus device in any way.
  15. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Why would it hurt sales? The Nexus came out last Sunday. The GS3 probably wont be here till summertime. Thats plenty of time to get sales. I don't understand your logic lol.
  16. unashamedgeek

unashamedgeek New Member

I think it depends on what you mean by summertime. I don't think they are going to launch 2 signature phones on Sprint with one in April and one in June. If you are talking, sometime later (October?) then I think that will happen. I have heard that Samsung wants to release the GS3 using a global launch and have it soon after the announcement (June?). I didn't say Sprint wouldn't get it, but I think the Nexus will push it if Samsung really does do a quick launch.
  17. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Well the next EVO is coming in June 10th. Then theres a possible Photon sequel after that. The GS3 would be perfect time for Jul/Aug. If available, Sprint is not going to delay what is regarded the biggest sought after phone of the year for the Nexus.
  18. spridell

This is how I think Sprint will release these phones:

Late May early June: Evo 4g LTE

Late July early Aug: Galaxy S3 (samsung wants worldwide launch and official phone of Olympics it makes sense July/Aug).

September/October: Photon 2 and Iphone 5

That pretty much sums up how sprints been doing it the last couple of years. They leave about 35-45 day gap between big releases.
  19. gmcdaniel

gmcdaniel Active Member

I was talking to Sprint today resolving a couple of billing issues. At the end of the call I told the rep that I was thinking about getting the GNex when I get paid on May 3rd since I was eligible for my upgrade. He told me that I should wait until May 5th because Sprint normally gives good discounts around then. Then he said that Sprint is releasing the Galaxy S3 on May 6th so I may get a good deal on the GNex. I said that I doubt I would since the Gnex is still so new to Sprint. So, take it for what it's worth. Ya'll know how reliable those reps are when it comes to these kind of details.
  20. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member

I really think its physically impossible for Sprint to release S3 by May 6th, its barely getting unveiled on the 3rd, no one even knows the international release date. For Sprint, it will likely be after the other three carriers. The Nexus was released on November (Europe), they just got it out and its nearly May, so at this rate, I'm thinking before class start.
  21. gmcdaniel

gmcdaniel Active Member

Yeah I hear ya. I did say take it for what it's worth. I plan on moving forward with the GNex, I have a friend at work that has one on VZW and I really like that thing. It may not be the very best phone out there, but it's definitely high end and will be for a while to come. And with the upgrades that Sprint is doing with their network right now, I think we're all gonna be living the 4g dream before to much longer.
  22. spridell

I think Sprint will get the S3 sometime in the summer. Probably July or August.

They were the first US carrier to carry it last year and I don't see what would stop that again this year.

I think this time around all the carriers will see it sooner rather then later after the overseas launch.
  23. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member

Though Sprint was the first to receive the GS II variant, and with the Exynos processor no less. Regardless, we won't see the handset in the U.S. for a while.
  24. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Well-Known Member

The Samsung rep has not heard any information leading towards the release being any different than the S2. The sammy rep is guessing around mid summer.