Sprint pushing Moment

Last Updated:

1. flash4o

flash4o Member This Topic's Starter

Went to store today to try out the Hero to (hopefully) make my final choice.

Rep was totally pushing the Moment though. I tried it, it was solid, but since I don't want the keyboard, think I'll stick to Hero.

Just interesting that they were pushing it over the Hero so hard. Rep said Hero was selling well though, so that's a good sign.

Advertisement
  2. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

They will always push what is not selling well --- I would say the experience speaks volumes for the Hero and its concept. I think too there will always be two camps -- those that prefer touch screen, and those that like keys. In this market, where the products have such a short life cycle, they need to get new products out quickly since in reality, the final beta testers are the retail users.

After decades of providing components to the cell-phone makers of the world, I have watched the cycle become very well defined. No surprise.

:D

3. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

The Hero looks like the winner IMO, the multitouch, the Sense UI, I love it. The moment looks promising though, just not for me

4. Rathamar

Rathamar Well-Known Member

5. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

I love how this commercial is the Phone's POV. It's a great commercial. Anyone know what song that is? It's catchy

6. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

A little early to call the Moment "what is not selling". It came out TODAY, so maybe they were pushing the new product?

7. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

True. I should have worded it differently. What needs to sell -- and of course, the new product is always pushed. :D

8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

agreed. had the moment came out first THEN the HERO it would have been the same deal...

give the moment a month to get out there and see where it is. the hero has a good head start. i love physical keyboards but i am digging the hero on what it has to offer. its more of a social night out kind of phone and i can leave my PRO2 at home now when i go hang out.. after reading up on the moment in the sub forum on this site, the fast processor does not entice me to drop the hero for the moment. i still have an unused line on my account and if i could get the moment for the new sign up price i would just to compare them but im not going to fork over full price for it. i do not think the phone is worth the MSRP they are asking..

9. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

it's new, and some places don't have the Hero in stock to sell. Can't sell what you don't have.

Not many phones are worth their MSRP. I'll be checking out the Moment. Definitely liking a physical keyboard. Don't care about Sense. Multitouch won't be missed. I've had my Hero for almost two weeks and maybe used it twice.

10. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

tons of people with tons of opinions. what one does not like, the other will love.. :D

11. pettit03

pettit03 Active Member

Maybe because the Hero is going to VZW in a slightly different form, maybe promote whats exclusive.?

12. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

13. gogogadgetscott

gogogadgetscott Member

14. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member