sprint pushing OTA update today

1. spurfan33

spurfan33 New Member

i guess sprint is pushing an OTA update today...
    i dont know if any users have gotten this update and safely installed it...
    i also have an optimus s and sprint pushed an update about 2 months ago that unfortunately bricked alot of optimus owners phones ..so sprint stopped the OTA and is supposedly fixing the problems and left alot of people hanging...
    just a heads up to all here..

Advertisement
  2. maxx1015

maxx1015 Member

What kind of update and is for the shift
  3. spurfan33

spurfan33 New Member

i dont know anything about it as i am not gonna install it because an update sprint sent to update my optimus s unfortunately bricked alot of phones...
    i noticed the update coming when i booted my girlfriends evo shift and it wanted to download and install...but i wanted info about it before i let it do so...
  4. I downloaded it but have no idea what it was for. I've noticed no ill effects from doing it.
  5. motoxxxman

motoxxxman Well-Known Member

I just did a manual scan for updates cuz I have scheduled scan shut off, and my phone says it's up to date, no updates found.
    I did however receive an update that was supposedly a software update for twitter a couple days ago. which I thought was wierd because it wasnt finding updates in Market, but it did give the update through HTC Software update. *shrug*

I'll keep checking throughout the day today for the software update and install it and report back what it does
  6. motoxxxman

I still havent received any updates, and I've been checking multiple times a day every day since this thread started. last update I got was a couple months ago
  7. sig sauer

sig sauer Well-Known Member

Just got it this evening.
  8. motoxxxman

can you tell us what version software you have now? or what the title of the update was called if you noticed? I still havent received the update, and I've been manually checking multiple times every day
  9. sig sauer

10. motoxxxman

ah, that would explain it haha, that update came out last august. I got it the day it was released.
    the update that was released in december was just a Twitter Software Update, nothing to do with anything except twitter
  11. sig sauer

Yup, it was just a " Twitter" update. Nothing's changed. I've never used "Twitter" anyway.
  12. motoxxxman

I got all excited thinking you guys were receiving a new update; a new PHONE software update lol.
    granted I recently did a factory data reset cuz I was bored and noticed the phone was starting to slow down a little after almost a year, and the phone seems twice as fast now and hasnt seen the loading screen a single time since, but I always like updates just in case they actually do make things better :p
  13. sb65

sb65 Active Member

Just got the push ... and it seems to have uninstalled Launcher pro and reverted back to HTC sense. I figured I would try it for a bit, since the main reason I changed to Launcher Pro was I was tired of Sense crashing and reloading every time I exited an app (e.g. WWF). Have not seen a crash yet (36 hrs), so maybe they fixed it.

Must say, I had sorta gotten used to Launcher Pro ... nice to have multiple icon actions at the bottom of the home screen vs just 3 available. I may switch back anyway.
  14. motoxxxman

weird. so what software version do you have now? same one listed a couple posts up?
  15. sb65

sb65 Active Member

Yeah - 2.76.651.6. Android 2.3.3 and Sense 2.1
  16. motoxxxman

huh, strange that you guys are all getting this update so late.
  17. sb65

sb65 Active Member

And today had my first Sense crash. Guess I will have to download LauncherPro and set it up again since the update conveniently removed the application.