Sprint Reception / Coverage in MD/DC/VA area

Last Updated:

1. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just looking for feedback from others in the MD/DC/VA area and their experience with Sprint. I am on Verizon now and will be switching to Sprint when the EVO comes out. The only other carrier I have used extensively is AT&T and they were pretty horrible. I did have a Sprint BlackBerry from one of my clients on one of my projects, but I rarely used it. When I did use it it worked fine.

Thanks for any input.

Advertisement
  2. echoota

echoota Active Member

I'm interested as well. My friend has Sprint so I've asked him about his coverage experience. If I hear back, I'll pass it along

Otherwise I came across this website. It's opt-in based, so take it as you will. It seems pretty accurate compared to my experience with T-mo.

Also someone in these forums has posted cnet's coverage tool. The funny thing with this one: the two exact hex areas I'm most concerned with (work and home) don't have enough data. It might be more useful for you.

mms1946 likes this.
  3. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I am a truck driver and go to Baltimore once a month or so,then going around the area to pick up and head back. Anywhere from D.C. to Dover to Harrisburg I have not had an issue,mostly full signal in all areas. I wouldn't think you would have any issues at all.

echoota and mms1946 like this.
  4. riggsAndroid

riggsAndroid Active Member

Lived in DC area for the past 8 years with Sprint.
    First in Northeast DC, then Silver Spring, MD and now Alexandria, VA.

Have had good coverage pretty much everywhere. Only thing that is new, is in the metro, at some stations, but we get to roam to Verizon anyway.

I got the Hero like 3 months ago, and have used the data feature extensively (5gb/month pretty much) and have found that most data rates are abuot 500-700kbs down and 200-300kbs up. I have reach 2300 down and 1000 up in downtown DC and Arlington, VA.

The call quality is usually great. I'm excited because we're supposed to get 4G in the DC area too! Should be great with the EVO, might be able to save $$ getting rid of DSL!

echoota and mms1946 like this.
  5. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys! I have a friend in Baltimore who has Sprint and she also says that she has no problems.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

No problems here, Sprint coverage is far superior to my old nextel phone from a few months back. So glad I ended up with this phone lol (I didn't choose it, it chose me actually)

mms1946 likes this.
  7. echoota

echoota Active Member

I heard back from my friend and this is his reponse when I asked him about his Sprint coverage experience in the area: