Sprint Reception

Last Updated:

1. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to get good reception most places and solid 4G in Charlotte. However, I have poor reception (1bar) and no 4g in my house.

Is there anything I can do, or am I going to be forced to try the new IPhone?

Advertisement
  2. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

My friend who has a sexy Iphone has to go in his backyard to make a phone call.....

3. Captain Sexy

Yeah I know reception varies by where you are, but If I check the coverage map sprint has me in a "fair" reception area and ATT is in the "best" reception area.

Verizon worked great at my house.

So the question is can I bitch to sprint can they do anything?

4. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

It is a crap shoot. He has AT&T in a major city, you would think it would work, but his house is a cell sucking horror show. He is the 2nd person I know like that here with an Iphone. Bitching at Sprint can't hurt. If they can't fix it, then Veizon may be your company.

5. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

I'm sure Sprint would be happy to throw in a free airrave and service for you.

6. Captain Sexy

Are you having a bad morning?

7. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I had similar issues in my house with iPhone. I do only have 1 bar in my basement, where my room is, but I still get all my calls and texts right away, so I'm not that concerned.

8. Magus_doc

Magus_doc Member

I was in the same boat. I switched over from att which had great signal, for evo and have good signal every ware except my house (I

9. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

That is interesting, I had never heard of these. I wonder if AT&T has something similar for their phones?

10. dblake15

dblake15 Well-Known Member

Yeah they do, it is called the Microcell. They charge you and it hits against your data. Nice.

Crash likes this.
  11. Magus_doc

Magus_doc Member

Yes they do it

imlkrsfn and Crash like this.
  12. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

It is not for me, I was going to pass this on to my AT&T hatin' Iphone lovin' backyard talkin' buddy. Thanks for the info though.

13. metrowarrior79

metrowarrior79 Member

I was in the same situation, no signal in my home. Called Sprint Customer Service and they issued me an airrave free of charge. It works great for the most part, sometimes I still have trouble getting my phone to "connect" to it once I am in range of it. The MicroCell for AT&T is one flat charge of $150 up front but no monthly charge. Also if you have wi-fi in your home, your data use will not be counting toward your 2GB data limit, only if you are using their cellular data.

14. thelber

thelber Active Member

15. Sketchr

Sketchr VIP Member VIP Member

I receive great reception with both iPhone and EVO.

Here is a little tool from CNET to gauge reception in select neighborhoods with the big 4:

Root Wireless - CNET Reviews

16. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

There's a way to force roaming on Verizon so if you had good service with them you could do that. I tried to find it but I'm having trouble... I think it's on

HTC Supersonic: EVO 4G - xda-developers

somewhere

17. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I think you're gonna be "FORCED" to try the new iphone.:rolleyes:

If you are really unhappy with Sprint, and you like Android (and unlimited data), go with the Incredible at VZW, otherwise go with your new iphone suggestion if that is what you really want.

18. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Well, if you have poor Sprint coverage at home you should definitely not use them. If you get good service anywhere but there, look into the airrave. Otherwise, see if T-Mobile has service there as they are the other less expensive carrier. If not, then you can choose between ATT or VZW which are the most expensive. Always choose based on coverage first, cost second, and handset last.

19. justinholt123

justinholt123 Well-Known Member

how does not having good 4g reception have anything to do with the iphone4, you know its not 4g right?

20. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

i use wifi in my house... :)

21. Captain Sexy

I think a few of you misunderstand what I'm saying.

It's not that I want the Iphone, I want my evo that I have. I just want it to work for it's main purpose of calling. Since I work from home part time and use my cell phone (no home phone) I need to be good.

The 4G part is just somthing I was mentioning. I think it's a shame it doesn't work at my house but does next door, I wanted to replace my IP but that didn't work out.

I switched from verizon and while their service is great they flat lied to me about assumption of liability so going back would make me mad.

I also learned today Iphones don't ship till the 14th. My 30 day window with sprint ends on July 5th so I gotta get somthing worked out by then.

I'm liking this idea of airrave never heard of it, going to look into it as long as it's free but somehow I don't see that going down.

22. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Okay, I understand better now. As much as you might hate to go back to VZW, it has got to be better than AT&T. They have no unlimited data, and they just cost so darn much for everything. Those dropped calls are not much fun either. Try to work it out with airrave on Sprint if you can. Don't get stuck with AT&T if you can help it.

23. Captain Sexy

Any advise on how to get it free, it seems really cool, like i could drop my min plan to 450 and save $30 a month since most of my calls come from home. If I'm reading it right it's unlimited calls through my internet. Course I gotta pay $15 a month and $100 up front, so If I can avoid that I'm be really happy with Sprint.