1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips Sprint Samsung Intercept 2.2 update details!

1. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Did they fix the Soft Keys and the Proximity Sensor........
  2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Hmmmmnow i need to find out if they fixed the Exploit to root!
    DURN
  3. XoSummerBabyXo

XoSummerBabyXo Active Member

So today I received the froyo update for my sprint intercept and I like it a lot. Except for the pure white colors that show up in the notification bar and the messaging section, I was wondering if there was any way to change this or if I stuck with this basic white color that I have ? :confused:
  4. defiant79

defiant79 Member

My wife's Intercept updated this morning. I haven't messed with it much yet, but I did notice that the wifi and other icons were gone from the notification bar. Is this normal or did something go wrong with the update?
  5. XoSummerBabyXo

Mine is the same I had to go to settings and turn it on. And as for the vibration, silent thing there is this thing when you go to unlock your phone on the right side that has like a speaker if you slide that it turns vibration on.
  6. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member

Both my wife's Intercept and son's Intercept updated this morning to 2.2.

WOW - The phone actually works now! It no longer drops the data connection after leaving a voicemail or mms, location services finally work on the apps, and best of all the phone is responsive. I was able to free up a lot of ram using app2sd to move apps to the SD card too.

Thank you Sprint and Samsung!
    :D
  7. MCAT

MCAT Member

Ditto! Daughters phone updated this morning. It looks good!
  8. phallen

phallen Member

glad it working for someone..... ready to throw mine out the window of a moving vehicle. the problems i had with 2.1 are nothing compared this. seems like i'm getting a force close message every 15min.:mad: yes it does look great and love the extra home screens.
  9. XoSummerBabyXo

Have you tried calling your service provider? Maybe they can offer some assistance. Mine is working great, just not sure i like the layout ( the slate grey colors every where i go)

Hopefully it will work for you soon, have you gone to your settings and tried to update it manually ?
    phallen likes this.
  10. phallen

phallen Member

manually update what? android, profile or PRL? after android updated this morning, it notified me that there were no firmware updates
  11. XoSummerBabyXo

android
  12. bigdave757

bigdave757 Member

Yea so far my phone hasnt froze or anything yet. So far so good!
  13. bmore14

bmore14 New Member

how can you get the ota update to do it again my phone keeps saying it's up to date but it's on 2.1 any suggestions
  14. dvycke18

dvycke18 Member

I too received the update and I miss the icons for wireless, bluetooth and silent/vibrate on the notification screen! However, there is a widget that you can now add to your home screen that has all of those functions and it doesn't look all that bad!
  15. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member

Just wait. You will get it eventually. I believe the update is rolled down in batches so maybe your batch isn't ready yet.

Or are you saying you did apply it but it still says 2.1?
  16. neutrino68

neutrino68 New Member

I would change the title to "What a world of disappointment!." Wifi settings, Bluetooth, sound, etc are now GONE from the notification window. Really stupid. And calendar and google processes crash constantly. Phone is slower, too. Better be fixes soon or Sprint is taking this phone back!
  17. phallen

phallen Member

thank you for the advice. i updated the profile and the PRL. have crashed since.
  18. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

The update is for Sprint phones only. I haven't seen anything from vm about a upgrade......yet.
  19. phallen

phallen Member

update the Profile and PRL... with extra home screens you can download the widgets.
  20. XoSummerBabyXo

Granted the Wifi, bluetooth, sound, and such are now gone but I find the new software very interesting. Before on the intercept you had to have a unlock pattern now we actually have a code we can put it which for me adds for better security. Not to mention on my system it seems to be moving and faster and certain applications are no longer crashing!
  21. XoSummerBabyXo

Your welcome, are you saying it crashed since then or it hasn't ?
  22. phallen

phallen Member

hasn't..:D
  23. crawrj

crawrj Member

My wife got hers early this morning in Ky but it bricked her phone. Took it to the store and they replaced it. Updated the new phone with no problems. It is a lot better now. But I don't like the icons missing from the notification area.
  24. crawrj

crawrj Member

This update is only for the Sprint Intercept.
  25. Eldin10

Eldin10 Member

Do you have any evidence? I spoke with a Sprint representative. She said Virgin Mobile is part of Sprint. She also said that if it is an Android Samsung Intercept running 2.1,it will get updated.
    striker325 likes this.