Sprint Screen ProtecterAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Screen Protecters that I bought a Sprint Screen Protecter and it works really good.

I have used Zagg in the past and it started to peel at the edges (probably screwed up the installation) and was going to get a clairvue, but for the same price the sprint protecters came in a 3 pack along with an anti-glare one.

I made sure to have the sprint associate to put it on (was the same as the clairvue) and he did a really good job with the installation (only one small bubble on the side.

The anti-glare works pretty good, and the responsiveness on it is great. I am sure the color has dimmed a bit, but people searching for the best protecter, give sprint a try. It comes with a microfiber cloth and if you are a premiere customer you get 25% off too. :)

Advertisement
    Wendemi likes this.
  2. Wendemi

Wendemi Active Member

Thanks for the info. I bought the Invisible Shield by Zagg at Bestbuy for 20 bucks. Just one screen protector. Had a salesperson put it on. It left a little space on one side but I did not notice it immediately. And the touchscreen was not as responsive as without the screen protector. I would try the sprint one but I wonder if placing and removing screen protector won't have effects on my screen.

3. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

what you fail to say is that they only cover the viewing area not the button or top area's in other words NO full coverage.

Wish i could of returned mine.

lettcco likes this.
  4. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member

I ordered a new screen protector that covers the whole screen for this reason. Also, after a while, dust starts to accumulate on the edges.

5. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

so they have two types? i went in today to look at the horizontal leather case and screen protectors but came out buying nothing.

i have a seidio innocase and it is too thick to fit in the case. it'll fit but only after you jam it in there. taking it out will require the same effort.

the screen protector they showed me only covered the actual display area, not the buttons on the bottom or the camera on top. kind of awkward imo as this is more prone to peeling off.

6. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

I wanted to love the sprint screen protectors but because it only covered the screen i could not fluidly scroll down my notifications bar from the top. I did not like that. Also the fingerprints were still really visible. If i didnt mind those it is great for anti-glare

7. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

It's a terrible design and that is why all of the quality aftermarket screen protectors cover the entire screen. I cannot think of a single advantage that the Sprint design offers but there are many negatives.

I do have the Sprint one on my EVO now but it is a temporary move until my Seidio screen protectors arrive.

8. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member

my fd buys the same products but not anti-glare...

9. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do not mind it not covering the full front side of the screen. I am also going to be purchasing a case for it, so I am not worried about the protection of the buttons or the top part of the phone

10. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

you will you when the dirt/grime/oils from your fingers start to get under the film? Even the dirt coming off the inside case.

Good example, use an ipad ( i have one i know) it shows there easily? look at how oily/dirty they become from peoples fingers. The screens are very shiny so it easy to see

11. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from Ghost Armor. I've used Invisible Shield in the past, and it's a good product, but I don't like the orange peel texture or the stickiness. Ghost Armor is smoother (still a tiny bit of texture) and from the reviews has a bit of grip without feeling "sticky".

12. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Well, the Sprint protectors are half the cost - that was a big selling point for me. I just have a moral dilemma about spending $20+ on a little piece of transparent plastic.

13. dutchman71

dutchman71 Member

nothing beats phantom skinz, I tried them all....

14. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Your first post? Do you work for them? :)

15. hankbear

hankbear Active Member

I have to say I am impressed on how well the XO skins one I applied a couple of days ago looks. I was sure I had messed up the install, but it keeps looking better and better and is nearly perfect, now. Very, very little "orange peel" and a lot less fingerprints than the Sprint anti-glare one. The only cutouts are for the prox sensor, camera, and speaker at the top, so it is nearly full coverage.

Very happy, so far!

16. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

I don't see it this way at all. That little piece of plastic is protecting the single most important component of my $600 smartphone. That feels like a bargain to me.

To those who don't see the value of a protector that covers the entire front of the phone vs. just the LCD area, I submit the following advantages:

1. Most obvious: The entire front of your phone is protected from scratches or other blemishes.

2. When sliding down the notification area your finder will not get caught up on the edge of the protector.

3. Depending on the protector it may help to reduce the build up of fingerprints and face oils.