Sprint Screen Protector Is Junk!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to the local Sprint store and bought the BodyGlove case and saw this screen protector. I expected it to at least be a cutout to fit the full glass screen. After getting home I was rather disappointed! It's only a rectangle to fit the viewable area on the EVO. It doesn't cover the areas on the top/bottom/left/right of the screen. Just as I figured, on the second time slipping in back into my shirt pocket one of the corners grabbed and it peeled right off. Yes I realize it only shows that much in the picture, but it's just as hard to tell on the actual package as it is in the image.

This thing is a total waste! Just thought I'd post this so someone else could avoid the same mistake.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. HoLs

HoLs Member

I use the same screen protector, and have had no problems. You are correct that it does not cover the full front of the Evo.

3. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

I think maybe you should have looked at what you bought more closely before you, uh, bought it.

I bought the Sprint screen protector for temporary use (still haven't ordered a "real" one yet). I saw on the package it only covered the screen... seemed pretty obvious to me. It's right on there.

Mine hasn't peeled off and I've used it since I got the phone on launch day. I'm not planning on using it forever, but it has held up nicely for temporary use. No bubbles, no orange peel, and mine hasn't even threatened to lift at the corners. Maybe you just didn't put it on very well.

4. droalex

droalex Active Member

Got the same one they installed it. works great

5. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Guess I dont mind mine either.. i got the exact same one.

6. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

They put one on mine for free. I like it, can't even really tell it's on there.

7. Skrypt

Skrypt Active Member

I got the screen protector from Sprint, too, but haven't had any issues with it. No bubbles, easy to clean, doesn't grab anything, etc. They installed it for me, too. Also came with two more protectors.

8. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

In the buff for mine.

9. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member

It maybe the install problem...

10. ScorpDX

It's possible. I've never had much luck putting them on. I was just mostly annoyed with the size of it. I didn't know it would be smaller than the actual screen.

11. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Well-Known Member

It's so ******ed that it doesn't cover the entire front surface. I purchased it at launch not knowing that, and I have been trying to return it since. It's been my 3rd time going up to the Sprint store to return it, and each time they told me I had to wait 30 minutes to an hour and a half just to return the damn thing.

12. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

Would anyone happen to know the price of this protector? When I went to the Sprint store they didn't even have this protector yet.. I had to buy the one where you actually have to cut it yourself. It looks terrible.. but at least it's doing it's job.

13. ScorpDX

$12.99

keyholeSecrets likes this.
  14. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

got it too..comes 2 to a package....1 clear and 1 anti glare

15. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Got the same protector from Sprint on 2 phones. Working out great for us.

16. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Well-Known Member

Mine works great too. Have the anti-glare one, one minuscule bubble but other than that....works fine

17. royal42crown

royal42crown Well-Known Member

Check out radioshack they have universal 5 pack for $11.99 that will cover from the buttons to the top of the screen. Still doesn't cover the whole thing but there pretty nice protectors and there large enough to cover all the critical parts.

18. shortbus

shortbus Member

If your talking about their cut to fit protectors, they are total crap. I got some when I bought my phone, and within 2 days the one I had on was scratched up. Almost embarrassing to shown my new phone with those crappy screen protectors.

I got the ones at the sprint store for a "temporary" fix, but since I've had it on, I am in no hurry to buy anything else.

19. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

zagg.com sells a full body or Full Glass screen protector.

If you subscribe to them you get a code for 50% off your order.

so around 8 dollars you can get a full glass screen protector.

20. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

correction, took off the anti glare because it was ugly, and noticed 2 clear screen protectos....so that makes 3 for 12.99 plus 25% off being a premier customer..not bad

plus its the stiff screen protectors as opposed to the film, soft kind like invisible shield and etc. so its easier to put on, and easier to get all the bubbles out

21. jobryan26

jobryan26 Member

I have it on mine, works great. Mine was a 3pk, 2 clear and 1 anti-glare.

22. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

I used my 25% off on the crummy shield can I use it again for another one or is it just once per year?

23. Padderwock

Padderwock New Member

No problems with the screen protector. Packaging is a bit misleading.

24. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing not one of you here has actually seen the scratch test the one guy did to his Evo before he swapped it out? I did this some time ago on my Hero with my keys and and some screws. You can literally just take your keys and or screws, edge and point first down on the screen, push and slide like crazy! The screen will literally take a hunting knife with enough force to kill someone to put a mark in it. That or a belt sander would do the trick.

I stopped using cheap plastic films on my phone (screen protectors) after I saw the first video for the Hero showing off it's scratch resistance. I only use the thinnest possible hard slide or clip on case to prevent dents and dings when I drop my phone. Aside from that, I literally toss my Evo onto my work bench every day when I get to work from a good 5 foot distance. The tables wooden, got some splinters coming up on it, and has all kinds of nasty sharp stuff poking up on it. I honestly couldn't be more comfortable just tossing my phone around. I use it as I live my life, relatively care-free.

25. Grandmasterlarry

Grandmasterlarry Active Member

that no scratch shit is BS. i had a scratch on my screen with in 2 weeks small like 1/8in but it was still there. phone goes in my pocket with NOTHING elce and goes face up on the table i have no clue how it got scratched. ALSO the first time i droped it the screen cracked from corner to corner top to bottom (the touch Glass not the LCD) my fault for not having a case. this phone is not rugged by any means at all.