Sprint Send out Evo Contest Promo Today

Last Updated:

1. aplusmiami

aplusmiami Member This Topic's Starter

I got an eMail for Premier Customers. Looks like the phone will be out sometime after May 5th. since this is the end date of the contest.

Advertisement
  2. aplusmiami

3. Lovingthesonic

Lovingthesonic Well-Known Member

Why would the phone come out after this contest is over? Sprint has said summer and I will believe them unless they change their minds

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

It just says, all entries must be received before 5/9/10.

It just a contest link, and nothing to do with the Evo's release. :)

5. aplusmiami

actually the blogging contest finalist will be picked on Aug 31... So it looks like a minimum Sept release date on the EVO... WOW... that a long ways away..

6. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

Tacky promotion to fill a blog writer spot. Users who win will get a free Evo one year of service and a spot as a official internet blog writer for the company.

7. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

so the winner cannot win and EVO on August 31 if it was released in June?? that makes a lot of sense

easy on the speculation and false conclusions there, buddy.

8. aplusmiami

The finalist will receive an 1 Evo - This blogging contest will end Aug 31 Read the rules.. So if it is a premier promotion to be one of the 1st to own the phone, why is far off base to assume the phone will not be release until September?

9. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

No way in hell they'd release the Evo after the iPhone that would be crazy. It's definitely coming early-mid June.

10. tokuzumi

tokuzumi Well-Known Member

The contest ends May 9th, at midnight. The semi-finalists will be notified on May 18th. If you win a trip, it must be taken no later than July 31. The blogging will end on Aug 31. The winners will be blogging about their experiences about the evo. That would mean the phone will be released in plenty of time for bloggers to write about their experiences with the Evo. I'd assume that since the trips are to 4G wired cities, and you must take the trip before July 31, the phone will be out before July 31.

According to the contest rules, the phone will be released between May 18, and July 31, 2010. There's your official release date ;)

11. aplusmiami

Nice... I did not read into the blogging part other than the dates. Thanks for clarifying. I think you got it...

12. keicko911

keicko911 New Member

yeah i was thinking sometime in June. It would give the winners the " Hey look what i got" and enough time for them to be comfortable with the phone and ready for the trip. It could all be speculation but the timing seems reasonable enough.

13. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

:DJust an update. No need for anyone else to enter. All ready notified that i am the winner. Just don't want you to waste you time and enter this contest and add more competition to the pot. Lol:D