Sprint spyware removalSupport

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango New Member

I have an Galaxy S3. Im going threw a separation and my wife can see all calls made and text. Plus my location. Wll a factory reset remove this, or is rooting the way to go? I have screen shots that I need to save as well. Any help I would greatly appreciate!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

I'd save everything to an sd card, and keep that soomewhere safe.
    Then I'd delete all data from the phone using a secure delete app (Otherwise digital forensics can almost always recover deleted files), then do a factory reset.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. whiskeytango

whiskeytango New Member

And this will remove the sprint family locator and her abilty to see what numbers I call and text? Its a sprint program , can it be reapplied? How can I block or prevent it again?? And been trying to move my screen shots from device memory to the SD card but been unsuccessful.
  4. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

Its mandatory for carriers to keep a record of a calls, texts, and internet history for such purposes like law enforcement. So she could probably have a lawyer get your information.

I imagine the sprint locator is a system app. If you can't uninstall it normally or unenroll then you'll most likely need root to remove it from the phone. If it's even on the phone.
    whiskeytango likes this.
  5. Droidwerks

Droidwerks Well-Known Member

There's a big difference between criminal proceedings and civil proceedings--I would be dumbfounded if a carrier would turn over customer records for a civil case like a divorce because.....

.....the Consumer Telephone Records Protection Act of 2006 grants customers specific rights to privacy regarding the use of a cellphone--specifically it disallows the release of cell phone records unless there is suspected criminal activity. Any carrier providing that type of information without a search warrant or subpoena would be subject to serious legal consequences. Even if she bought the phone and pays the bill for the phone, she would not be legally entitled to see your account activity.

DW
    mikedt likes this.
  6. whiskeytango

whiskeytango New Member

Well to get a lawyer to access it would take time. Days if not weeks. Im interested in keeping her from knowing that instance. Its rather annoying that I call my attorney and she knows a minute latter. Besides splitting my phone to a separate account is their anything I can do???
  7. Droidwerks

Droidwerks Well-Known Member

8. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

Well of course there is a process to getting those records. Private information isn't handed out like candy on Halloween. Does she pay the phone bill and is it her account that you're under? If so she probably just logs in and looks at your history. Not much you can do about that except get another account.
  9. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Thread moved to the Samsung Galaxy s3 forum. ;)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  10. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Even if money is an issue,find the money somewhere in your budget & get another phone on another account w/a new number.
    Your peace of mind has to be worth something.
  11. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I didnt know such a thing existed... is it tied to the IMEI of the phone or the google account or sim the phone is using?
    Good luck man!

To save screenshots just email it to yourself or put it on a computer then disc or pen drive or just put it on dropbox or something for now
  12. AxlMyk

AxlMyk Active Member

It might not be an app. I have 3 phones on our Verizon plan, and can access that info online. So maybe that's how she is doing it.
    The only way to keep her out of your business is to get your own phone account.

Samsung GS3 using Forum Runner