• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint store finally gets some evo's limited time only

I showed up at a Sprint store this morning (corporate store, not a franchise outlet) right when they opened... they told me they had ended their "waiting list" and the EVO's were now first come first serve basis, and that they'd call me when UPS showed up. I sat down at the starbucks next door, and had an EVO in less than an hour and a half. The guy that sold me the phone said the trick is to show up early at a corporate store.

If trying a corporate store, early morning is a good approach. By the way, I went to a nearby Corporate store (in CT) yesterday to see the Epic, and asked about EVO in-store inventory. They said they'd received EVOs on Monday but all sold out same day.

Upvote 0
I think I have finally settled on the EVO over the Epic. I am coming over from a Palm Pre (Instinct / Treo 700wm before that). I paid the $50 and put myself on the waiting list at BB a few days back for the white version. I am just hoping it comes in soon or BB.com gets another shipment soon. I missed the boat a week ago when they came in as my upgrade date was 9/1. I must admit I feel somewhat silly waiting for the white version when I can simply order one at Sprint.com right now..

Upvote 0
I think I have finally settled on the EVO over the Epic. I am coming over from a Palm Pre (Instinct / Treo 700wm before that). I paid the $50 and put myself on the waiting list at BB a few days back for the white version. I am just hoping it comes in soon or BB.com gets another shipment soon. I missed the boat a week ago when they came in as my upgrade date was 9/1. I must admit I feel somewhat silly waiting for the white version when I can simply order one at Sprint.com right now..

Change that "can" to a "could." lol Theyre all gone again!

Upvote 0
New EVO owner here (former iPhone 3G owner). My wife and I decided that we were getting EVOs, so we went shopping Thursday afternoon. None at Shack, didn't carry them at Wally World, so we stopped at a Sprint Store. They had 1 in stock, had just received 10 the day before. My wife told me to get that one, she'd get one on the next shipment. Well, a couple minutes later in walks the FedEx rep with 5 more! So we both have an EVO. Mine is still pretty stock but she has customized hers a LOT! :D

-Doug

Upvote 0
New EVO owner here (former iPhone 3G owner). My wife and I decided that we were getting EVOs, so we went shopping Thursday afternoon. None at Shack, didn't carry them at Wally World, so we stopped at a Sprint Store. They had 1 in stock, had just received 10 the day before. My wife told me to get that one, she'd get one on the next shipment. Well, a couple minutes later in walks the FedEx rep with 5 more! So we both have an EVO. Mine is still pretty stock but she has customized hers a LOT! :D

-Doug

Good timing!!!

Congrats!

Upvote 0
Funny how they still seem to have plenty of epics though...;)

Picked up my Evo at a Sprint store yesterday. I got lucky, called the nearest Sprint store to my house & they told me they had 2 on hand so I reserved one and picked it up after work. The rep at the store said all the Evo they receive are sold within a day. She said the Epic wasn't moving very well. They had a lot of those in stock. I played with one while they were activating my account and I wasn't too impressed with it. The screen is nice but I don't think it's that much better then the Evo and I was never a fan of the slide out keyboards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones