Sprint system down nationwide....seriously?

Last Updated:

1. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After spending several hours at a Best Buy trying to get my preorder they sent me away. Called three Sprint stores in the area and all three said their system was down nationwide and they didn't know when it was going to be up again. Stopped in another Sprint store and the manager there told me the same thing. This is inexcusable in my opinion. They knew how many people were going to be clamoring for this thing and to not be prepared like this is just unacceptable.

Advertisement
  2. DougFunny

DougFunny Well-Known Member

Haha i got my phone activated aeound 5 and it took soooo long. All these activations are really slowing down the system

3. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

this is what happens when you do big rollouts like this... not much else you can do besides stagger people.

i always find it amusing when people don't expect this to happen.

4. Talutha

Talutha Member

It's a business, they're not gonna spend money to improve their systems for one days worth of increased traffic. I know it sucks but thats just the reality of it, every company would have done the same thing.

5. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to get in early this morning. My activation and port went smoothly.

twospirits likes this.
  6. anthongy817

anthongy817 New Member

It's expected. Should have prepared and went earlier if possible.

I got to my RS 15 minutes after they opened (7:15AM Central) and 3 reps were already helping 3 customers. Waited 30 minutes and I was up next, waited another 30 minutes and I was out the door with my evo. RS rep didn't even touch my phone.

7. akayareal

akayareal Well-Known Member

Well from a company that has really never had such a big phone release in its history of the company, there was bond to be some problems that would come up. Now when you have thousands of addition people on top of there regular phone activations, Im not to surprised.

Depending on how much they sell this weekend and how big the demand is for the phone, this can possibly happen when they get their next shipment in.

I personally think its a good problem to have when you have such a large number of new upgrades and activation to the point that it crashes your system. Just makes people want it even more.

8. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

+1

9. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I could have gone earlier I would have. Wasn't an option with work schedule. This is just nuts.

10. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

My Best Buy appointment was at 9am this morning and was out the door by 10:30am. During that time, the activation system went down once and was running REAL slow the rest of the time.

11. Geniuz650

Geniuz650 Well-Known Member

It'll probably be up later this afternoon.

12. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Well-Known Member

about 20% of them are having trouble with the provisioning set up. voice should be working but data is all red right now. they are working on them. it happens sometimes even when there isnt a bunch of traffic but add al the activations that went on today its just alot more common than normal.

13. prettyb

prettyb Member

Wow. I'm glad I went in early. I can understand the system crashing though. Too much crashing. As far as voice and data coverage goes, I haven't had any problems at all. Everything goes straight through lightning fast.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

14. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Well-Known Member

I went at noon (AZ time). Took about 45 minutes to activate. Slow, but well worth the wait!