• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Tech Support Claiming "The ability to order replacements was taken away."

asaberan

May 19, 2010
They claim it was "because reps were replacing phones for no reason without doing troubleshooting so two or three weeks ago they took the ability to order replacement phones away." They are trying to force me to go to a Sprint repair shop, which is about 40 miles away for me. About a month ago I got a replacement Evo, so this is very frustrating. I'm not about to drive 80 miles roundtrip and spend half a day to attempt to get this fixed.

This is very frustrating. He claimed that his supervisor couldn't order it either and they couldn't do anything, so they told me to call "multiple replacements at 866-473-5922". On the line with them now, but he answered the call by essentially saying "Tech support" so I have a feeling I got back to the same department and now he's "researching some more information so we don't do the same thing over again." Always fun when you know more about the device than they do and they're supposed to be helping you.

Well, it must've been a different department because he came back on the line and said he was going to order a replacement. He said it will be here in 2 to 3 business days, so hopefully it isn't a refurb that is in worse shape than my existing phone (like happened last time). He says it will be a refurb though.

Oh well, gotta remember that phone number.

Upvote 0
Well I got the phone, of course it was a refurb, but it looked perfect. Same shape as mine and I have a case, with a small exception of a few more scratches on the kick stand. Otherwise I would've never known it was a refurb... UNTIL I made a phone call. Damn earpiece speaker is blown so I'm sure that's why the last person returned it.

What a joy. I'm glad they test these phones before they throw 'em back in the "passed" bin. Idiots. I don't know if I have the patience to call back and fight with them again to send me another one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones