Sprint Tech & Tech Supervisor

Last Updated:

1. Cherokee_Outlaw

Cherokee_Outlaw Member This Topic's Starter

Called in w/ the issue of not playing Wav files. After being passed around 4 times to different departments, I was sent to the "Advanced Team" @ 877.735.8405.

I explained the issue w/ the women, and after waiting approx 5 mins to "research" the issue she tells me that she will have to go on the manufactures site to see if the EVO will be getting the 2.2 update since it doesn't show up on the Sprint side. I asked her if she was even aware that the EVO did indeed have the 2.2 update that was pushed out nearly two months ago and all she would say is that she would have to look on HTC site to see if it is planned. Knowing that trying to get my issue resolved was now going backwards I asked for a Tech Supervisor. HE TELLS ME THE SAME THING!!

Am I missing something? Did I dream it that Sprint pushed the 2.2 out asking people if they wanted to update!???

Advertisement
  2. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

That's funny. Just relax, these guys aren't always the best at their job, and sometimes their job isn't the best at keeping them informed.

not to mention Sprint likely has at least 100-150 different models of phones in service.

3. Cherokee_Outlaw

Cherokee_Outlaw Member This Topic's Starter

Hard to relax when you plan on rolling out 20 more to office staff members. This isn't some cheap unit with a low number of active units.

Just when I thought Sprint turned it around.

4. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

If you need help with your phone - you research it yourself online.

Calling technical support unfortunately will get you no where - that's a given.

5. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that you are not going to equip an employee base of 20 ppl with the best available phone because you cannot figure out how to play a wav file?

Seriously? Or because the two sprint techs you spoke to weren't aware that the Evo received the 2.2 udpate? And the fact that you can't be certain you have 2.2 now because they have placed doubt in your mind? Check your settings, I'm sure it will say 2.2.

As per the wav problem, I would love to help but since all you said is you can't play them, it will be pretty difficult since the lack of information prevents me from solving your problem.

Care to share?

6. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Let me help you...

Let me google that for you

Now click the second major result returned (the Android Forum Domain)...
    The first and second replies should provide a solution to your problem.

IOWA likes this.
  7. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

^^^ This haha

8. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

I wonder some times if people in these forums are jerks in person... or just on the internet.

9. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Please elaborate on who exactly you have decided is a jerk, please don't forget to support your judgement with factual evidence.

Thanks.

10. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Wow, you mean you can actually use Google to look for answers to your questions! Gee Golly!

/s