[Sprint] This is INSANE!!!

Last Updated:

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Thank goodness I have a nexus. Obviously the gnex hardware is inferior but it will run the 4.2 update just fine.
  3. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Just flashed the 4.2 keyboard and camera app. They're both pretty cool, if anyone wants to try they're on xda and Android police. Sorry can't link because I'm on my phone.
  4. frenchy714

I'm currently running both as well. I like them a lot!
  5. MizzouBrent

Is the swype function pretty good? My issue with swype was that it was great when it worked....i could type so fast it was ridiculous. But when it would give me incorrect predictions, it would take longer to correct than it would with the standard keyboard....so I just roll with the stock keyboard.
  6. frenchy714

The swype function is actually pretty decent. I know what you're talking about when Swype would predict words incorrectly, but I don't really run into that issue using the 4.2 keyboard.
  7. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Yes I agree the 4.2 Camera, Gmail, Gallery and Keyboard are nice, but how do I get the Swype feature to work lol? Do I need to turn it on somewhere?
  8. AARONONE

Use titanium to freeze the old keyboard then reboot. That should work assuming you already flashed the keyboard.
  9. AARONONE

Its better than swype but still has some of those issues.
  10. frenchy714

After flashing the 4.2 keyboard, go to settings>language & input, and under "Keyboard & Input Methods", click on "Default", and choose "Android Keyboard".
  11. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hey Frenchy and Mizzou! Some familiar faces. Not meaning to hijack the thread but I just bought a Galaxy Nexus (Samsung) for Tmobile. If you don't mind, I may need some help figuring out ROMs/Kernels and such. Still have my OG EVO and using as a tablet/phone (groove ip only). Almost got the Nexus 4 but I got a good price on the GNex and I really need to save money. I should get it by Thursday.
  12. MizzouBrent

Nice! You're going to love it.
    tube517 likes this.
  13. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

Congrats Tube517!
    Your really going to love it. A great phone!
  14. frenchy714

Good to see you around tube517! Any one of us will be glad to help you with whatever it is you need, just let us know!