Sprint to offer yet another pre-paid service

Last Updated:

1. Xavion2004

Xavion2004 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 10, 2009
  2. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    this is just part of their new strategy they outlined last week. They are creating different product tiers to cater to different needs.

Virgin -less talk and more data/txt/web at dirt cheap pricing
    Boost -unlimited talk/text/web crappy phones and less than a contract
    Common -cheap by the minute calls, expensive overall probably crap phones.

They also have another prepaid service that covers low income households and provides cheap phones with a certain amount of free minutes. Any more minutes you must purchase.

I think Sprint realizes this is the future of the industry. There will always be people who want the latest and greatest and are willing to pay for it but there are even more people who want to spend less and get more.

Virgin looks like the most amazing value to me. Seriously, unlimited data, not just web and text but data all for $25 a month. How insane a price is that? Not to mention, the Blackberry fans out there now with virgin you get unlimited data, web and text and for only $10 more a month you get the blackberry service too. That's $35 a month for everything? Is there anything out there that can compete with that? I doubt android will be available anytime soon. Android users probably use way more data than any other's on sprint's network. If I could only take my Hero there I would be gone in a minute. Well, without having to change my esn. I might just get the Rumor Touch and try it out. Unfortunately the interface looks a lot like the instinct.