• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint TV not obeying laws of physics

thaprinze

Apr 30, 2010
Denver, CO
Has anyone else had issues with Sprint TV on their Evo? Every time I try to watch the World Cup on ESPN mobile the audio is approximately 3-4 seconds ahead of the video. This has gone on for multiple days & multiple different locations. Whether it's the first minute or after an hour and a half of watching it's stays about 3-4 seconds out of sync. Has/does anyone else had/have this issue?

My 3G connection is only at ~270k down, but the video doesn't look terrible, audio sounds good & everything flows uninterrupted. However, I'm seeing the same issue when I've been in areas which tested ~600k down. I'm not sure what the problem is.

jdjmad - If you're willing to sacrifice some battery life, I'd be interested to see if you still have the issue if you use your 4G connection. I know we can't use Wifi, because I tried that already. It says you have to use your 3 or 4G connection.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else had issues with Sprint TV on their Evo? Every time I try to watch the World Cup on ESPN mobile the audio is approximately 3-4 seconds ahead of the video. This has gone on for multiple days & multiple different locations. Whether it's the first minute or after an hour and a half of watching it's stays about 3-4 seconds out of sync. Has/does anyone else had/have this issue?

I have had the exact same problem -- not just on ESPN but every instance I use Sprint tv. I'm streaming over 4G, too, so this is really unacceptable. I am going to have to consider my 30 day return option very carefully, with the iPhone 4 out there beckoning.

Upvote 0
I completely agree... I now have the EVO a full week and am not happy at all... My Sprint TV worked for about an hour last Friday and then since has not worked as advertised... I can watch maybe 3 minutes of ESPN Mobile and then I am forced out and told that I do not have an internet connection... ANd to be honest my picture on Sprint TV looks nothing like the commercial or how it was promoted... At this point in time I am seriously questioning this phone and may be bringing it back this weekend because my old BB on Sprint's 3G worked just as well (if not better) and was much cheaper... With my old Sprint contract expiring in August, maybe I will just wait for a new Verizon phone or possibly the IPhone 4...

Does anyone else have these issues? And if so were you able to repair this?

Upvote 0
Today I had Sprint TV running on my way to work, and the picture looked great. Audio would still go out of sync, but the picture looked great. I used to use Orb to stream live TV to my phone, but now with the Evo, orb looks like pure crap! I have no idea what it is with the Evo, but if I pull up a video with my wife's BB it shows a speed connection of ~1,200k, but the Evo constantly gets 250k. I have no idea what's causing that to happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones