• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Unrooting Galaxy Note 3 sm n900p

LadyDroid81

Lurker
Jun 23, 2013
I have rooted my sprint note 3 which came out successful. I have rooted my galaxy s3 before in the past and flashed many roms without any issues.

Once I rooted my note 3 I ran the stock rom for a week and then decided to kick it up a notch and flashed the bonsai rom, which worked fine until i discovered the camera didn't work. Before I flashed the bonsai rom, I did a backup of the stock rom via cwm. Once I figured out the camera didn't work with the bonsai rom, I reset and wiped the data for my phone and tried to restore the stock rom which i figured it was a boo boo because I got stuck in a bootloop so I reflashed the bonsai rom back on my phone until I got back home to my pc. At that point, I decided to unroot and return the phone back to stock. I used odin and followed unrooting instructions to a tee and I had an official stock firmware, but odin failed and I think I may have soft bricked my phone. In a panic, I downloaded a "rooted stock" rom and flashed that...after a few bootloops, I updated my cwm recovery and superuser app...and my phone has been working fine every since (whew). I really want to unroot, then re-root and just run the stock rom without flashing any more custom roms, however I am afraid lol.

I have the stock official firmware N900PVPUBMJ4_N900PSPTBMJ4_N900PVPUBMJ4_HOME.tar.md5 which to my understanding is android 4.3. I do understand that 4.4 is out. I was wondering is it ok to flash the 4.3 using odin to return my phone back to stock?? I've been spooked ever since my soft brick encounter. Any info will be helpful. Thanks in Advance. Btw, sorry for the long story. I figured I should give all the details. That would help me get to the bottom of it all :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones