• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Updated to CM11 and want to clean out old files.

agroom

Aug 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So as the title says, I updated my phone from CM 10.3 to 11. I did a factory reset and installed CM11, but there's still a ton of old files on the internal storage which I'd like to clean out and start from scratch. Primarily because I it only had 500MB free space left, but also just to remove all the old junk. I found several large files I was able to delete, but still I'm only at about 5GB now, which I'm afraid will just fill up quickly again. I like to keep keep the SD card intact, but wipe everything possible from internal storage as if I just purchased the phone.

Prior to doing my first reset, I moved all pictures and other misc files I wanted to keep onto my laptop. I also did a titanium backup of all my apps to dropbox and performed 2 nand backups: one standard (default options only) and a 2nd full (with all options selected) just to be safe.

I have TWRP recovery, and in Advanced Wipe it has the following options: Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, External SDCard and USB-OTG. It says factory reset just wipes Data, Dalvik Cache, Cache. What other items am I able to safely wipe without causing any issues? I'm assuming the titanium backup would have saved all relevant data for apps I'm currently using, and with my backups, my only real worry is erasing the wrong thing and bricking my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones