1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Sprint Upgrades NEED HELP

Last Updated:

1. michaelsrex

michaelsrex New Member

Sprint just recently gave me two early upgrades & I'm torn on what to do. The wife and I both have regular evo 4g's except her screen is cracked (still works) My plan was when the nexus comes out to upgrade one line, give her my phone and wait for the next phone, htc one x or SIII. Problem is I have NO idea when these phones are going to come out. Should I just get an SII off of amazon wireless for $49 bucks or what?

Advertisement
  2. jwp1223

jwp1223 Well-Known Member

Get the Nexus Galaxy (stay with the Galaxy Line) get your wife the SII. Or vice versa, or get matching phones.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

If your phones are still working fine, stick with them until the S3 comes out (though, that may not be for a while). As for the cracked screen, if it's unbearable, look for a used phone on ebay or Swappa. Personally, I don't think this is the time to use an upgrade as Sprint hasn't put out a new phone since the S2, which is soon to be outdated.
    If you do need a new one, I'd at least wait until the Galaxy Nexus comes out (it's what I use and love it).
  4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Like these fellas have stated, just wait it out until the GNex or EVO One arrives. GNex should be coming out in the relatively near future (few weeks) and EVO One is in the beginning of June. Better off waiting instead of signing up for 2 years on outdated devices.
  5. BrianJB

BrianJB Well-Known Member

Wait for sure. Sprint is trying anything they can to dump those wimax phones before they drop their LTE phones. I've been told to wait even past the g-nex because the "evo one" or whatever its going to be called with have more LTE frequencies.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

7. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

I concur with my compadre's
  8. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Moving to the Sprint forum, seems like it would be a better fit there :D

And more people to give you better answers!
    BenChase7 likes this.
  9. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

defiantly wait, we are all stuck in a holding pattern as sprint switches their 4g network technology. they aren't releasing any phones at the moment because WiMax is dead to them, and LTE isn't quiet ready yet. in two weeks the GNex is supposed to hit followed by the mid-range LG Viper. the HTC EVO One will be early june (june 6th or 10th are the rumored dates atm) if your wifes screen is unusable, get her the GNex in two weeks and if your keen on high tech phones you should wait till june, the EVO One will be out AND we will have an idea of what the GS3 will bring to the table as it will be official by then.
    NYCHitman1, simcha and BenChase7 like this.