• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint users with the $99 unlimited everything plan.Are you charged for roaming data?

MisterB

Dec 25, 2009
There's an option on the Android under network settings to allow the phone to roam on other networks for data. There's a warning when this is selected, that significant charges could be incurred. I assume this does not apply to me since I have that $99 unlimited everything plan?

You will not be charged, but be aware that there is a limit.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml#3
Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones