[Sprint] [Vmobi][ROM][ALPHA] CyanogenMod Jelly Bean 4.1.2 [09.03.2013]

Last Updated:

1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

Welcome to CM10 Jelly Bean for the Sprint Victory (goghspr). This ROM is getting much closer to being completed. There is still a few outstanding issues listed in the "Not Working" section but slowly getting there. While this is still considered an "Alpha" ROM it's very smooth and runs very well.

Team Vmobi

Since this is super alpha you are installing at your own risk :D

Send me a beer if you appreciate my work!

2. g60madman

Got the ROM to finally build and boot. Still very Alpha but slowly coming together. If it's not listed then it doesn't work :D
  3. sp33chy

sp33chy Active Member

My girlfriend has a Sprint GV and I have a vmobi GV, so I stalk this thread daily.

I do have a question about ROM development though...

Since this is a CM based on the same Android we have now... what difficulties arise making components work? Are Samsung sources for the kernel on this phone so unhelpful that the kernel modules for this phone don't work well with a CM build? Or is it something entirely? I do a lot of dev work, but am unfamiliar with the Linux kernel->Android relation.
  4. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

It's not the Samsung kernel source, it's the devices. The kernel is open source, most of the hardware devices and their associated software/firmware is not open source.
    sp33chy likes this.
  5. xInterlopeRx

xInterlopeRx Well-Known Member Developer

Problems are thus: Cyanogen moves through the Android cycle and merges SOME AOSP stuff from Android but they have their own features to add. This forces kernel developers to make their device's kernel work with what Cyanogen has. This device has a kernel very much like the GS3, but there are some differences that I have not been able to bring up, like the panel driver and wifi. There are a lot of changes to get this kernel to kernel version 3.4.x.x and Cyanogen adds things nearly daily that make the job harder, like the new camera app Focal ande AOSP add things too, like SELinux security patches. Then, they also rename things in the kernel to work with the GS3, so we need to make those changes too. It's a daily grind just to keep up with some of this stuff since this device is d2 (GS3) based. A comparable device is the Apexq from T-mobile. It's like the Victory but has a keyboard. They are on unofficial status and are nearing nightly status because they have a small team of very experienced devs: invisiblek, infernix, lbcoder and noobnl. These guys have ported devices in the past, they know how CM works and they know how to write in C. You may be wondering how this device is already on 4.1.2 with the stock kernel being 3.0.x.x. Samsung manages this by compiling the OS with the kernel and making changes to their 4.1.2 base and proprietary libs that cause the kernel to adapt to the base through library wrappers. CM tries not to do that so that anyone can port a device by hacking JUST the kernel if they are VERY GOOD at it. I could be more specific, but unless you understand dynamic and static linking, system calls and symbols it might not be helpful.
    insanelycool, xstefen and sp33chy like this.
  6. g60madman

I uploaded another Alpha ROM. I have the SD and USB working perfectly, first time ever since working on the Victory!!! More info in the OP, but this resolved a lot of issues with other local apps (Apollo, File Manager, Gallery, etc). I still need to push up my changes to github but as it stands I am now using the following repo's for the build.

As I continue forward this will help us in getting a fully supported CM Nightly. Big thanks to Shabbypenguin for pointing that out to me!
  7. NolenUmar

NolenUmar Well-Known Member

Going to run over there and see for myself >_> hehe
  8. NolenUmar

I love cm :')
  9. g60madman

Alright boys and girls,

I got RIL working thanks to some help from noobnl and nard. The phone is boot looping every few minutes so I still have more work to do, but I need some one to test it to see if they are getting Data Connection as this phone does not have service. I was able to make a test phone call but it came back with an error that I don't have any minutes on my plan and to please contact support. I just want to make sure I am heading down the right path so I can fix the boot loops.

AndroidHaCks and NolenUmar like this.
  10. NolenUmar

Upload the zip and I can Flash it tonight
  11. g60madman

already waiting for you

Team Vmobi

It will always be there, when ever I post. I always upload first then post on it.
  12. NolenUmar

:D really feel like this is all coming together now that you have a beautiful amount of bars with that luxurious 4G sing near it. I was able to call Walmart. They were rude... also, as you stated the phone kept doing this 'reset but not restart' thing every few minutes. It'd go to a pixelated looking yellow screen then come back after like 10 seconds.
  13. g60madman

So I take it data is working then?
  14. g60madman

Alright posted up another ROM still 8/13 on the build date but the boot loops are fixed and the RIL is working w00t!!!
    AndroidHaCks and NolenUmar like this.
  15. NolenUmar

Yes. And I'm a lot to flash the new one right quick :D btw, how do I go to the sd card from the cyan file explorer? I know is mounted and showing cause it's letting me see images in my gallery that after in my sd
  16. NolenUmar

Confirmed. No longer is it boot-looping. :D
  17. g60madman

Flash as much as you want :) So is MMS, and SMS working as well now that data is working? Let me know. Also Voicemail? What's the scoop with that?
  18. NolenUmar

I meant to say I'm *about* to flash. And that I did not test. I'm going to see. Btw, once you're 100 that data services are up, what's next?
  19. g60madman

Wifi, Bluetooth, Video playback then Camera. At that point it should be a solid!
  20. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

g60 you amaze me!
    g60madman likes this.
  21. AndroidHaCks

AndroidHaCks Well-Known Member Contributor

Are you gonna port to VM? :D I cannot wait to try it :)
  22. AndroidHaCks

AndroidHaCks Well-Known Member Contributor

Could I change the build.prop and flash?
  23. g60madman

As it stands it will install on VM however the blobs on the sprint are different, last I heard JerryScript said it was in a boot loop on VM. Chairshot215 is working on the VM version. I expect he will be releasing once he fixes the RIL.
  24. jrccomputer

jrccomputer Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'm so excited, I cant wait .
  25. NolenUmar

I've been enjoying CM all day. Making calls, texting, etc. I noticed that some apps show as a blank screen. None of the default apps or the ones I installed using the Google goo.im package but things like Firefox, lucky patcher and chrome. I don't know why but it seems my internet is faster lol and also call quality is MUCH better! Can't wait for the next update :p
    jrccomputer likes this.