• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint vs Verizon - 4G/Phones in Pittsburgh?

Hey everyone,

Trying to make the call now on comparing these two services. I'm moving to Pittsburgh, and work in a hospital, so I know I likely won't get 4G inside with Sprint, or possibly Verizon, but wifi should be there so that's OK. T-Mo and ATT are out. Sprint looks like it has fairly good 4G coverage in the area, but obviously not the consistency of the LTE network.

I get great employee discounts for them both, so it really works around to 10 bucks cheaper from Sprint a month. However, Sprint clearly has the edge in phones right now between the Nexus, 3D, and Photon in the next 2 months. Not only that, but between the $50 online discount and 125$ port fee, the phone is basically free. The Bionic is coming, but we don't know when, and too late for my switch.

Anyway, it basically works out to saving ~$400 over the 2 year deal.

So I guess the poll out there was is it worth it to take a hit on 4G quality/speed for much better phones and money saved?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones