1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Sprint Warranty and HTC warranty

1. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    So i just got my htc evo 4g LTE today, im moving from the OG 4g. Anyway my OG evo was rooted and has s-off. So i wanted to do the same thing to my LTE. But i read that if you unlock your bootloader you will void your HTC warranty but not sprints (if you relock the bootloader it wont void sprints). So my question is, Does HTC's warranty even matter? Because from my experience if sprint cant fix it then they would give you a new phone, and if they can they will repair it. So whats the point of even losing HTC's warranty or do i have it all wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

No, HTC's warranty does not matter. You can still get sprint and the insurance company to replace or work on the phone if issues arise.

Also, *I hope* you haven't taken any OTA's, because if you're still on 1.13 you can get full S-OFF. HTC patched LazyPanda (the s-off method) with the last OTA.
    darkworld260 and PattiCakeUS like this.
  3. darkworld260

If theirs anything i learned from my last phone OTA's NEVER ACCEPT them haha but i never accept them because it patches things that we can exploit :D
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

question is not handset specific so moved to Sprint section.
  5. darkworld260

Sorry wasnt sure where to post it
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

A rooted phone does not void sprints coverage. If root is suspected, we educate on the dangers involved.. more so if root/etc is the cause of failure
    la sal, darkworld260 and Rxpert83 like this.
  7. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

Our ASC store isn't even allowed to work on the phones if they are rooted.
  8. darkworld260

well its not hard to unroot what i really wanted to know is if HTC warranty really mattered if something was wrong with my phone
  9. Rxpert83

Not unless you plan on sending the phone to HTC ;)
  10. darkworld260

lol well if sprints covering it then wouldnt it just make sense to just go to sprint. :D
  11. Rxpert83

Haha yeah that was my point. Nobody really uses the HTC warranty