• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint warranty for lost phone?

I tried to look for the answer to this, but I couldn't find the answer.

I got the best insurance plan that they offered, and now I've lost my phone. Will Sprint replace it with another Evo 4G or will I get a bottom of the barrel phone if they don't have any 4Gs?

Thanks!

GBA

first have you tried this:Plan B. it will send you a gps location to your email so that you can find it. also it can lock down your phone as well. pretty sweet app.

second if you have the total equipment protection plan then it will cover loss, stolen or damaged devices.

Upvote 0
first have you tried this:Plan B. it will send you a gps location to your email so that you can find it. also it can lock down your phone as well. pretty sweet app.

WOW! I just set my phone in the window so it had exposure to the southern sky. I went to the Market on my PC and remotely installed Plan B to my phone. Just a couple of clicks, that's all. Within 3 minutes I got an email that included a map containing the exact coordinates of my phone. I am impressed.

Upvote 0
I tried plan b, no dice.

It's actually a backup phone, so I'm not sure if it's worth the $100.

Does anyone know what is considered a comparable phone?

I've heard people getting Evos, Evo 3Ds, and even Samsung Epic 4Gs (not the touch, the original) as replacements for an Evo. You can always try to make a request when you put in the claim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones