[sprint] Was anyone able to get a free upgrade?

1. neo3n3

neo3n3 New Member

Was anyone able to contact sprint and get a free upgrade reset on their acconut. I have seen other sites where customer have. I called several times and have been told $165. Please tell me how you guys were able to do it.

Advertisement
  2. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I know a couple people who have called there both having to pay 165 if they want to upgrade. But I guess once selling your phone and accessories it's not that bad. You still may pay a little more than 200 for phone but it's better then full price. And my friend is also saving an extra 50 bucks from Best Buy so it's not that bad. I wish they were giving out free upgrades. I have one more to use by the end of the year but others I know aren't eligible and really want this phone.
  3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

So, 165 to buy out the contract... plus 200 for the new phone (or what ever the new customer price is on the phone you want)? So I could possibly get EVO LTE for $365?

That would be sweet!
  4. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

Yes you can but in my friends case he's getting the EVO for 149 at Best Buy and he will sell his old phone the 3D either to Best Buy for 110 or with his accessories on Craigs list for a little more. We both have a 3D for sale with good accessories.

BenChase7 likes this.
  5. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

I got a mailer that Best Buy will buy my EVO 4G for $50 and give me a $50 gift card.

I have 4 phones. Hmm May buy one at a time. Lol.

Probably can't combine with the deal they had for $50 gift card when you registered your phone with that one web site.. Or it's one in the same.

I need to call.. Sigh. I am one of those that upgraded last year from the EVO 4G to the, yes, EVO 4G because the charging port was broken, no insurance, and the rep told me, "yes, because you are over 10 years with Sprint, you will be able to upgrade next year (2012). "

Well, we know what happened with that.
  6. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

I kept my Evo 4g for the full 20 months after pre ordering it. Then there had not been any announcements of a new phone, or rumors I could find, so I jumped ship to Verizon, now I wish I had not. I got a decent phone, LG Spectrum. But it has the old S3 CPU, at least I got 4G finally. Only when driving past a 4g city did I ever get it on my Evo. On Verizon I have LTE for 25 miles in any direction from my home (and in my home), even if I take a boat out on the lake, if I had one... The monthly price is high, but at least I got double the data cap. Hard to use 10GB in a month
    damewolf13 likes this.
  7. I get free upgrades... Don't know if its been cause ive been a customer sence 1994(gone through 3 different company names) but every phone ive got sence 06 has been free when my upgrade came around and my upgrade is yearly
  8. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I'm working on something like this now, stay tuned!