Sprint: WiMAX, New Smartphones in 2010

Last Updated:

1. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just some more tidbits of news, some old, some new from Sprint.

http://www.i4u.com/article28002.html

Sorry to see the losses for them in terms of losing subscribers. Hopefully, the new phones, and services (WiMax) etc. will give them a boost. :D

Advertisement
  2. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

Well yeah, Sprint has best service, but their phones sucked up until they went with Android. So with their newer/better phones, they should start attracting more customers.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Their phones didn't suck at all. Look at the HTC lineup. Touch, touch pro, diamond, tp2. Moto Q9C, A variety of messaging phones with great keyboards. And the best PTT phones ever made.

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Does anyone have a good guess as to when in 2010 Sprint might roll out a 4G phone?

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I really doubt that there are going to be any 4G phones anytime soon from anyone. 4G is aimed at the wireless broadband market more than the phones. the current 3G is really faster than needed for a phone anyways...unless you're tethering to a laptop...

6. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

The Moto Q9c is outdated and is nolonger available. It's what I have.They will replace you damaged one with a refurb if they can find one.I wish they would have updated or made a new version. It has been a decent phone but it is time to move into the 21st century. Hope Sprint has some goodies to show on tuesday.

7. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

For the longest time they had some of the best if not the best smart phones. Back when your options were Palm or Win Mobile they always had one of each. They had all the old Palms, HTC Mogul, Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, assorted Blackberrys, Hero, Moment, etc. With the Pre they were the first to offer a phone with a processor comparable to the iPhone. The only thing they are missing really is one of the curent (just released) class of Android phones like the Droid or N1 and the iPhone which is an exclusive to ATT. Otherwise they are pretty comparable.

I hope to see a decent flagship device for 2010 at CES this week! Looks like we might see a new LG Android phone and maybe a Windows Mobile WiMax phone.